SkyscraperCity Forum banner
621 - 640 of 662 Posts

·
2,424 Posts
Oh, great news.. I was wondering what the story was, as the fans don't work very often..

I guess now we can expect to see them turning more often..

A great sign indeed!

And they don't seem to cause any noise, for all those sceptics that said the fans will never work or be practical..

I tried hard to listen when passing on top of the multi storey, near fitness first, right under the bottom fan..

There was no sound, except for an intermittent very subtle whistle which i'm guessing came from the fan..

·
Watching Dubai Grow . . .
649 Posts
BWTC - The building of . . . Documentary

UK TV Channel 5 . . . . Not sure if this has been screened before but it sounds very good :)

Megastructures (Documentary)
Time - 20:00 - 21:00 (1 hour long)
When - Thursday 19th November on Five
Building The Super Tower.
Documentary series on huge engineering projects. This instalment investigates the construction of the Bahrain World Trade Centre, the first skyscraper in the world to be powered by wind turbines incorporated into the building's design.

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
amazing pics guys!!! the bahrain national day celebration looks stunning :)
i actually once did a school project on this building, i believe the topic was about eco-friendly buildings or something like that !!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have watched CNN "Quest Mean Business" all this week and not once did I see the 3 wind turbines move. Is there very little wind in Bahrain? Or have the building's owner decided to stop the blades from moving because of the distraction of moving shadow to its occupants?

I think green building is good for the environment, but what is the point if 90% of the time the wind turbines are not generating electricity!!

621 - 640 of 662 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.