SkyscraperCity Forum banner
641 - 660 of 662 Posts

·
2,424 Posts
I have watched CNN "Quest Mean Business" all this week and not once did I see the 3 wind turbines move. Is there very little wind in Bahrain? Or have the building's owner decided to stop the blades from moving because of the distraction of moving shadow to its occupants?

I think green building is good for the environment, but what is the point if 90% of the time the wind turbines are not generating electricity!!
Well last year when i was around it worked like 30% of the time or so..

The points u mentioned might be of minor relevance, not sure.. But mainly, for the wind turbines to work, there has to be the right wind speed and direction.. Specific conditions.. So thats part of it..

The shape/design of the buildings of course is made to funnel the wind... But i dunno, maybe the weather conditions aren't always so ideal..

The funny thing is when somtimes they turn on only 1 or 2 fans instead of all three.. Apparently thats not uncommon, as at each altitude a different wind speed and conditions are required...

Hope that helps answer ur question..

·
Registered
98 Posts
The turbines don't work at nigh cos the building dosn't need much electricity then. that's what i was told but I don't know if it's true or not.
Bull-shit. Wind turbines should work 24 hours per day 365 days a year. If there is excess electricity generated it is normally stored or sold to third-party users or the national eletcity grid.

·
2,424 Posts
Yeah, but these wind turbines are for the towers only.. Not on a wind farm, or meant for lighting up a village/town...

Plus, its the first project in the world to integrate towers and wind turbines.. So its understandable that it might not be totally economical or whatever.. I think its meant to be more iconic than economical..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Been involved with these project...Thanks for the updates and beautiful pics

641 - 660 of 662 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.