SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Chad said:
Maybe......This one?...;)

Architect : CAP Archotects, NY

OMG! Whats that? That's an awesome design, cant wait till the next wave of construction begins on SZR, seems like there will be some stunning designs.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
WOW! :eek2: that has to be built! I personaly demand it! it may even rival the UNITED TOWER in the good-looking stakes

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
glad it going oh
do you think i could be that tower wow

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Feb 28th

Nothing's happening at the site just yet. :sleepy:

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
March 5th

FINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Thanks for all these updates Altin. Are they testing the foundation with these concrete blocks? I've seen it on serveral sites in Dubai, but never seen it here in Holland.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
no, no
these are fun blocks, used to entertain the workers, they build fun shaped things with them untill they are told they can start work on the tower!

seriously though, i have seen them a lot in dubai, maybe they put them around the edge of the foundation???

·
South Straddie QLD
10,881 Posts
They are used to test the laoding on the first pile which is the test pile. there is a device that measures lateral forces as well as the point loading . Soil cant be too go there and the geotech report obviously wasent conclusive as the pile size and depth

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
No sign board yet, but they had moved aside the concrete blocks so the piling work should start soon.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
May 8th

21 - 40 of 903 Posts