SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 900 of 903 Posts

·
Photographer
1,826 Posts
Dh100 to visit the rooftop of world's tallest hotel in Dubai

Thos has a public rooftop now. Entrance is 100 DHS :)

It is just one metre taller than the 77-storey JW Marriott Marquis, but the new Gevora Hotel on 101 Sheikh Zayed Road is officially the world's tallest hotel (as a single building). It stands 356 metres above the ground.

The homegrown, independently run hotel opened in the middle of February, but they have just announced that they will be charging Dh100 for people to visit their rooftop, which offers Burj Khalifa and Emirates Towers views.

The rooftop is now open and it costs Dh100 for adults and Dh50 for those aged 6 to 12 to go up to the top of the hotel (children under 6 can visit for free). The viewing deck is open from 10am to 9pm daily, and anyone who buys a ticket can then have a pastry and drink at Le Veyron cafe on the house. (Note: You will have to redeem your pastry and drink on the same day as you visit the hotel's rooftop.)

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyl...op-of-world-s-tallest-hotel-in-dubai-1.707834

·
"Ooooo-Weeeee!"
1,200 Posts
Bl**din' typical ^^, been back a week and they announce this, would of loved to go up there. Next year then!! :bash::bash:

·
Perfect Player
1,435 Posts
^^ Frankly, I don't understand the hate. This is about as tacky as every other hotel that wants to appear as dripping luxury. To say that it matches the exterior is simply unfair, at least it is consistent and looks decent quality. The exterior still looks like something mashed up from 5 different towers modeled by a first time sketchup user.

Also, to say that this defines tackiness, for a city that houses Burj Al-Arab? Seriously? That's simply clouded judgement and unwarranted criticism.

·
i ♥ NY
4,892 Posts
I dislike the lobby area, i can understand the criticism towards that part, but the bathroom and also the bar are suprisingly nice. In the bar, they should only remove the pattern on the white walls. The rest is more then okay, its actually pretty nice. And i feel like the kitche is sort of ugly, especially the bar/table that looks very 80s. The kitchen also appears to not have deep cabins, so storing big pots or so might be difficult. And the counter looks like it doesnt have much space for a kettle, coffee machine, utensiles that you need daily and such.

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
Interiors are cheap and falling apart, exterior is worse, during the day that is, and blinding during the night.

·
Perfect Player
1,435 Posts
Interiors are cheap and falling apart, exterior is worse, during the day that is, and blinding during the night.
:eek:hno: Again, is the mention that they are "falling apart" based on your own observation? Or some actual stories from people who have, you know, been there? Tripadvisor reviews do not mention this at all. Or is this just bashing for the sake of bashing. The ones discussed here on the pictures don't look like they are falling apart. The tiling choice seems not to be top notch, for sure, however this hotel seems to have extremely affordable rates. The cost of accommodation here is a quarter of the cost of the Address Boulevard, for example.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I dislike the lobby area, i can understand the criticism towards that part, but the bathroom and also the bar are suprisingly nice. In the bar, they should only remove the pattern on the white walls. The rest is more then okay, its actually pretty nice. And i feel like the kitche is sort of ugly, especially the bar/table that looks very 80s. The kitchen also appears to not have deep cabins, so storing big pots or so might be difficult. And the counter looks like it doesnt have much space for a kettle, coffee machine, utensiles that you need daily and such.
I can't agree more to be honest. The lobby area indeed looks very noisy and some of the colour combinations in the hotel rooms appear outdated.

Apart from that however, the quality of the interior is way better than the exterior. It may look kitschy and the marble floor may not be real marble, but it actually does not look cheap at all.
If I had seen the interior before I had seen the tower from the outside, I wouldn't have seen a difference between this and other 4 star hotels.

In my opinion, we're all just a little biased due to the awful architecture and construction history of the tower.

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
:eek:hno: Again, is the mention that they are "falling apart" based on your own observation? Or some actual stories from people who have, you know, been there? Tripadvisor reviews do not mention this at all. Or is this just bashing for the sake of bashing. The ones discussed here on the pictures don't look like they are falling apart. The tiling choice seems not to be top notch, for sure, however this hotel seems to have extremely affordable rates. The cost of accommodation here is a quarter of the cost of the Address Boulevard, for example.
you know I live in Dubai right? :) these images are for marketing purposes so yeah photoshop played a role in them, including myself, many visited and saw the beautiful quality of the hotel lol .. its to die for.

Why you are defending this tower so much? are you involved in it somehow?

881 - 900 of 903 Posts