SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Extension tower announced for award-winning Grosvenor House

Less than 12 months after the opening of the iconic Grosvenor House in Dubai, the property's owner, His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, has announced the development of a second tower for the property.
United Arab Emirates: 3 hours, 34 minutes ago

Ground breaks on residence building at Dubai's lifestyle property. Right: General Manager Pam Wilby

The extension, to be called Grosvenor House The Residence, will have 288 furnished suites and five waterside villas looking out over Dubai Marina, and is scheduled to open by the end of 2008.

The Residence will be linked to the hotel by a glass bridge and will mirror the hotel building in look and feel. The guests of both towers will have unrestricted access to facilities in both areas, including restaurants, bars, business and conference facilities, as well as Retreat health & spa.

New facilities to be included in The Residence are two new concept restaurants: one of these will cover the two top floors of the tower, giving stunning views over Dubai Marina and the Arabian Gulf. The new building will also have a health club, hammam pools, swimming pool and children's play area.

The Residence will have a private entrance with a reception area, guest services and basement parking.

The suites are one, two or three-bedroom; all suites will have sweeping views of the skyline, the marina and the Arabian Gulf. The villas will have private entrances, with a dedicated car park and lifts, and each are constructed on three levels.

Within its first year of opening, Grosvenor House has already broken all targets on occupancy and revenue, and gained an instant reputation for setting new benchmarks of elegance, style, service and unique food and beverage concepts which have been called 'the talk of the town'.

These elements will form the core of the extension tower, and general manager Pam Wilby said:
'This decision is testament to Sheikh Ahmed's vision for Grosvenor House; we will replicate the soul of the hotel, but we still have some elements up our sleeve to give something fresh to the public in 2008.'

The signature touches from the hotel will be carried through to The Residence such as: wireless internet throughout, the NeosTV entertainment system and plasma televisions, personalised butler service with 24-hour room service, in addition to the use of beach and pool facilities at the sister hotel Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa resort.

Grosvenor House Dubai was voted one of the most desirable addresses in the world when the fully furnished apartment suites were named the World's Leading Hotel Serviced Apartments at the World Travel Awards in London in November.

A record number of travel professionals - more than 170,000 - voted for the awards; the achievement was compounded by the fact that the property - both hotel and apartments - had only been open for seven months.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
i want an exact location. across the bridge?

glass bridge suggests this and the render in background...

but there was an empty board just next to the current GV so maybe they are really that close together..
would be an idiotic thing, they would take their own views.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
^^ What do you mean? They clearly say that the TOP 2 FLOORS of the building will be restaurants.

·
Registered
679 Posts
dubaiflo said:
i want an exact location. across the bridge?
Yep. preferably with lattitude and longitude so I can add them to the Dubai Map . Did they say who will do sales for this development?

Same style as the hotel? I hope it has the blue neon too! :bowtie:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Flo, look at the render in my 31 March post 35 in the Dubai Marina plot map thread to see how the GH Residence will relate to GH. As you will see, the podiums are aligned, but the new tower will be much closer to the Marina entrance, so the views for both will be protected. GHR will interfere with the sea views from Iris Blue, although as usual, it actually doesn't exist in the GHR render!

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
Tenders due by August for new Grosvenor House
CONSTRUCTION UAE
5 May 2006
Tenders are expected by August for a second Grosvenor House tower at Dubai Marina. The extension, to be called Grosvenor House – The Residence, will have 288 furnished suites and five waterside villas overlooking the Marina. The Residence will be linked to the hotel by a glass bridge giving guests of both towers unrestricted access to facilities in both areas. Completion is expected by the end of 2008. The local Arch Group is the consultant. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum is the client.

R

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
I think so because the base is smaller in the residences tower.

Will these be for sale to private investors - who is selling them?

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
That blocks the sea view of the hotel rooms

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
indeed it does but they probably do not care even though the rates are lower.

i am not a fan of this twin design, i would have preferred a smaller version ( we saw a render, remember) ?

·
It's show time, folks!
1,776 Posts
:eek: :eek:

Is there really place for this big tower??
When will they digging the hole?
When I saw this model in Dubai, high ranking employees from the hotel told me that there will be room for this second tower, because they will change the position of the bridge and thus the road will be diverted slightly. As it is now there is no way this building would fit in.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts