SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUST University
Gulf University for Science and Technology, (GUST) Kuwait admitted its first students and began classes in September 2002. Modeled on US institutions of higher education, GUST is the first comprehensive private university of its kind in Kuwait to meet the growing needs for quality education and at the same time keeping pace with the demands of the new millennium. GUST campus at Hawally has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 1,700 student.

The proposed campus will be situated on 100,000 square meters of a 150,000 square meter site in West Mishref, Kuwait. Phase 1 of the GUST Mishref Campus will be completed in September 2006 and will have a student enrolment capacity of 3,400 students and 200 staff members which represent 60% of the ultimate population. The future Phase 2 forecasted completion date of September 2010 will have a student enrolment capacity of 5,500 students and 400 staff members.

Client: Gulf University For Science And Technology
Estimated Cost: $ 46 Million
Completion: 2006
Services Provided: Architectural Design, Landscape Design, Interior Design Signage Design, Mep Design, Structural & Infrastructure Design, Project Management, Construction Management

·
بوسعود
180 Posts
after 8 months of nothing new on the construction site ..
construction started again and they have a tower crane now..

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks AlOnSi for the pic. It's good to see that they've continued construction. They were really lucky in getting this location. Too bad AUK was not as lucky :tongue2:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I heard that AUK was initially given a piece of land in Shadadiya but they requested another one. Therefore were given a piece of land in Ardiya next to Jaber Al Ahmed Stadium. But they already have a good main campus in Salmiyah.

·
950 Posts
hey.

the second phase of GUST will include the construction of a second building and an expansion of facilities to inrease the student size from 3400 to 5500 and the faculty size from 200 to 400. these have been the only released facts at the moment, but i'm sure that more will be available after Phase I opens.

kuwaiti_patriot

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Nice projects. I have some friends who go to just. isn't it a college for people with lower than average marks (sort of like the College of North Atlantic in Qatar)?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Halawala said:
Nice projects. I have some friends who go to just. isn't it a college for people with lower than average marks (sort of like the College of North Atlantic in Qatar)?
I think that this college allows people with below average marks but in return will not graduate these students until they become competent enough :)

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Halawala said:
--Just as I expected, but i think its diploma only? Am I wrong?

Halawala this is a university

if you work hard enough you can graduate with a degree :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
skoulikimou said:
Halawala this is a university

if you work hard enough you can graduate with a degree :bowtie:
Yeah furthermore I've heard that GUST is getting harder every year. They were easy at the beginning just like the American University of Sharjah but AUS is like extremely hard at the moment.

GUST doesn't give regular diplomas it gives bachelor degrees :)

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Dubliner said:
Yeah furthermore I've heard that GUST is getting harder every year. They were easy at the beginning just like the American University of Sharjah but AUS is like extremely hard at the moment.

GUST doesn't give regular diplomas it gives bachelor degrees :)
AUS is sooo hard right now (I am studying there), when my cousin graduated 3 years ago, she said it was it was way easier. But now, there are many new students and lots of people are dropping out..

By any chance, are u a student there??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Halawala said:
AUS is sooo hard right now (I am studying there), when my cousin graduated 3 years ago, she said it was it was way easier. But now, there are many new students and lots of people are dropping out..

By any chance, are u a student there??
Yes I can see you :tongue2: no I'm just well connected :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
thanks bu yusef good update

1 - 20 of 34 Posts