second D the one i love ;)

thread D !! the one i hate :weirdo:

and thats it

·
Brief State of Euphoria
4,010 Posts
Client : Ministry of Public Works / MOH
Project Name : South Surra Hospital
Project Description : Construction of a 1,100 bed hospital at South Surra which will be the largest stand alone general purpose hospital in Kuwait
Comments : Consultants are Gulf Consult/Langdon Wilson
Project is under design.
Estimated Value $ : $207m

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your welcom margog and thanX skoulikimou for the (bla bla thing)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your welcome bu yusef yup we need more creative designs but we are in kuwait what with the design ,H_ARC_H it is jail :)

·
1,016 Posts
oh wow.

this place looks massive. out of the three designs, the second one looks the best. the first one lacks symmetry, and the sharp edges and crevices where the triangles meet don't look very elegant and give the hospital a very blunt look. an interesting note: Feng Shui, the chinese art of living in harmony with nature, states that it is bad luck to design a building with pointy edges. these edges are called 'poison arrows' and give bad luck or pain (to various degrees) to its beholders or the people inside it. instead, to avoid these poison arrows, a building is recommended to be designed with sloping sides and curves, as these enhance the flow of elements, appear to be more visually-appealing, and eliminates poison arrows. the third design seems sharp and entrapping; imagine any rooms or corridors in the center. they'd be fairly dark and seemingly narrow; more jail-like than anything else. i personally hope the second one gets built.

nice job Ahmedjam.

kuwaiti_patriot

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh thank you Kuwaiti Patriot

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The Minister of Public Works presented today the three designs to the government so that they could give their views on the project and so that a design could be chosen.

The project will cover a total area of 200,000 m2 which will include 920 regular nursing beds and 90 ICU beds.

·
3,839 Posts
i think the second design that ahmedjam posted has been approved (( sorry small render :) ))

كشف مصدر مسؤول في الأشغال ل'القبس' ان الوزارة بصدد إضافة دور جديد على التصميم الأولي لمستشفى جنوب السرة، الذي تم اختياره والموافقة عليه من قبل المسؤولين في الدولة، مضيفا ان المشروع حسب التصميم المقترح يتكون من 10 أدوار، لكل التخصصات ووفق احدث التجهيزات التكنولوجية، ولكن تم الاقتراح بإضافة دور جديد لكبار المسؤولين في الداخل والخارج V.V.I.P، مزود بكل الخدمات الطبية المطلوبة، مع اضافة مهبط للهليكوبتر فوق الدور الجديد ليدخل من خلاله المسؤولون دون التعرض وتعطيل المراجعين عبر البوابة الرئيسية.
واشار المصدر الى ان الدور الجديد يحتاج الى اصدار أوامر تغييرية نظرا لارتفاع التكلفة المادية عما كان مقررا في السابق، حيث بلغت القيمة الكلية من دون اضافة الدور الجديد على المشروع مع التجهيزات الطبية الكاملة 120 مليون دينار، لافتا الى ان التصميم الذي تم اختياره يقع على شكل دائري، فضلا عن الواجهات الأمامية المقوسة، اضافة الى انشاء بهو خلفي عبارة عن حدائق ومطاعم ومقاه للزوار.
وأوضح المصدر ان وزارة الصحة تقدمت قبل فترة الى الاشغال بحزمة مشاريع متمثلة بترميم مستشفيات متفرقة في محافظات الكويت، ولكن من خلال الاجتماعات الثنائية تم الاقتراح بإنشاء وتنفيذ مستشفيات جديدة بدلا من الترميم، فوافقت الصحة على بعض المستشفيات، ولكنها ابقت مستشفى الصباح ضمن المشاريع المقرر اعادة ترميمها، فرجعت الى نظام وعقلية الترقيع في المشاريع التي تكلف مبالغ كبيرة وضخمة على الميزانيات من البناء الجديد، مستغربا من العقليات التي تخطط وتفكر في إنشاء مبان جديدة لمستشفيات تعتبر احدث من مستشفى الصباح، بينما الأخيرة وخاصة الجراحة والباطنية والحوادث هي بحاجة الى اعادة بناء وليس الى ترميم.​
The article states that the hospital will have 10 floors, and the last floor will be for V.V.I.P personals. the hospital will have a heliport, but changes are expected for the location. in the render the heliport is on the entrance of the hospital and maybe it will be changed to the roof of the main hospital building.
the lobby will contain gardens, restaurants and cafes for visitors.
the cost of the building structure only will be 120 million KD and it is expected to increase due to changes.

alqabas article

location of South Surra Hospital

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Crazy

·
3,839 Posts
Construction will start in early 2007
emergency center has been added to South Surra Hospital

Ministry of Health has announced that «South Surra Hospital, which delayed its foundations will be placed at the beginning of next year», pointing out that officials saw a need to add a new mechanism called the emergency center, will be in the first part of the hospital to be built after the basic foundation of building »

An official from the ministry told alwatan newspaper, that «emergency Center situations, which add to the hospital is unique status in Kuwait and as a stand-alone small hospital», pointing out that «characterized evolution and matching what has been found in developed countries medically». He added that «construction of the hospital will continue as planned for three years, after this period it will be given to the Ministry of Health ».

alwatan

·
Registered
114 Posts
ya, i heard that they'll build 7ajar elasas 4 the bubyan port 2, man that's so gr8, and jaber al ahmad bridge is gonna start construction in late march
Allah...good news man allah ebishrick bel 5air...i think i read it somewhere today i think in al-watan.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.