SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#Completed: Kurilpa Bridge

102865 883
This is a bridge I think will work out well. Hope it starts soon. :)

Courier Mail said:
Kick-start for $63m footbridge

Tenders will be called this week for the design and construction of a second footbridge over the Brisbane River.

Premier Peter Beattie told State Parliament yesterday the $63.3 million project would complete a pedestrian cycle loop linking the city and South Brisbane via the Goodwill Bridge and Tank Street.

Mr. Beattie said $13.5 million had been allocated to start construction. He had origionally made a commitment in last year's budget to build the Tank Street Bridge.

The Goodwill Bridge has become one of the Government's success stories, with 70,000 people using it each week.

Mr. Beattie said yesterday the Tank Street bridge would link the new Millennium Arts Precinct at South Brisbane to the city.

As part of moves to entice car-mad Brisbane residents out of their vehicles, Brisbane City Council is also building a $55.5 million "green bridge" to carry pedestrians, cyclists and buses between Dutton Park and the University of Queensland.
461 - 480 of 884 Posts
^^ It would seem fitting.. Gateway II though on the other hand, I wonder who will do that, if its K Rudd I'm taking my snipper rifle.
Happy to provide backup ;)
^^ if its K Rudd I'm taking my snipper rifle.
So we'll take that as a threat then - K Rudd is doing a great job!
Of course he is! He gave you $900, right? Top bloke is old Kev ;)

Don't worry. We're probably both on a terror watch list at ASIO by now (they've had 50mins already). Shouldn't have opened my big mouth.
Na. it's the DSD that watch this kind of stuff :).
Of course he is! He gave you $900, right? Top bloke is old Kev ;)

Don't worry. We're probably both on a terror watch list at ASIO by now (they've had 50mins already). Shouldn't have opened my big mouth.
There is an article in Todays Sunday Mail on the bridge.
Defence Signals Directorate, I suppose it's like the Australian version of the NSA.

Nice pics there Jesse, it's really coming together now.

Maybe we can get Peter Beattie back from LA to open this one too :lol: :banana:
Another section added today on the Art Gallery side.

i was looking at this bridge on Saturday night and was just imagining how good its going to be when its all lit up, i hope they put spotlights pointing up each pole or something like that.
The architect from Cox Rayner (who also designed the goodwill bridge - I'm sure you guys know that anyway) was saying it's the first bridge in the world to be built like this. Took them 3 days to design it and 6 months to see if it would be engineeringly safe.
Imagine lights like 275 George on this.
wow. cheers for those pics - it really puts the size into perspective with the two blokes standing there
I just notice that, that's a pretty wide bridge. Cheers Duke.
Thanks for all the photos, mate! Damn that's a pretty structure.
OMG, this is going to be my favourite bridge in Brisbane haha.
Such a unique design...

This side of the city is starting to look really good with some good density. Reminds me a little bit of Melbourne (walking back from Melbourne Park) and a smaller version of NYC (looking back over the Hudson)

To me, Brisbane Square seems like a real dividing building. It seems to separate the old from the new.
To be honest is that really an out there statement?

It's not like there is much competition in design stakes.
OMG, this is going to be my favourite bridge in Brisbane haha.
Went for a walk along the river this morning. a few different angles.

Gosh i love your photos!!! Great job!!!
461 - 480 of 884 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.