Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2640 Posts

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BIG NEWS GUYS,lucky bastards/
story in todays fin rev about how the 400th richest guy in the world (Harry Trigubof) is to build a 70storey resi tower in Brisbane.
He has already bought the site!
everyones probably going , oh no, its going to look crap, but i have complete confidence in his developments. especially post 2000 when he brought architect Bob Nation on board who was involved with -Eureka and of course Sydney's greatest -World Tower.
Its all good. I think it should reach 200m-230m high. The article mentions its location and how he wants to beat Aurora in height.
He said he has tested the market in Sydney and Gold Coast and feels Brisbane is next!
I wish he wanted to build another in Sydney.

Return of the king
G.C. Bulletin
16May07

HARRY Triguboff, Australia's most prolific developer of high-rise apartments, is preparing to move into the Brisbane market with a bang by building a 70-level tower.

Mr Triguboff's Meriton group has amalgamated a site in the Brisbane central business district on which it plans a slimline apartment building.

The tower will have ground floor shops, a commercial podium, serviced apartments in the first 30 levels, and a mixture of one, two and three-bedroom apartments on the rest of the levels.

The project, which is subject to development approvals, will surpass the 67 floors in the Aurora tower, completed last year by Amalgamated Properties.

In height terms, its 250m elevation will match that of a 70-level tower planned by the APH consortium at 480 Queen Street.

The move into Brisbane represents the opening of a third development front by Mr Triguboff, who has been building in Sydney for more than 45 years.

He travelled to Brisbane in 1981 to explore property opportunities, decided the city was 'a backwater', and then went down the road to start developing projects on the Gold Coast.

He has built a dozen high rises in Australia's tourism capital and is part way through a $1 billion redevelopment of the former Sundale shopping centre site in the heart of Southport.

Mr Triguboff said yesterday that Brisbane had evolved into a vibrant city since his visit there 26 years ago.

"The market seems very buoyant and the city council appears to welcome development," he said.

Mr Triguboff said the Brisbane buy does not necessarily signal a major move into that market.

"We are in some ways testing the water with this project," he said.

"Brisbane has a lot of catching up to do in the residential high-rise field compared with Surfers Paradise."

Mr Triguboff said an influencing factor in his Brisbane move has been signs of an improvement in the Sydney market.

"When Sydney prices go up people sell and move to southeast Queensland.

"I want to be part of the welcoming party for them in Brisbane," said Mr Triguboff.

Meriton's Brisbane site is on the corner of Adelaide and Boundary streets and consists of five titles spanning 1500 square metres.

The price being paid for the holding, which is home to commercial-retail buildings, has not been disclosed.

The site settlement is due to take place in November.

Mr Triguboff, 74, was born in China and arrived in Australia when he was 14.

He has built thousands of high-rise apartments since embarking on a development career in Sydney in the early 1960s.

America's Forbes magazine in March rated him the 407th richest person in the world with a fortune of $US2.3 billion ($2.77 billion).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Cant get my hands on the paper right now and you have to subscribe to view the online content.

Where is the site situated in the CBD?

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^thanks mate. ive just added it to st post. great news hey

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^i can bet my house on it! harryT ALWAYS delivers! ive dealt with him for past 20 years at council and he not only builds everything he proposes, he pushes the envlope with councilors and always gets his way. very powerful dude.
Knowing Meriton , he will want to start on it this year!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Brisbane must obviously be still booming in a big way. I personally would of thought that if he wanted to test the Brisbane market he would of tried his hand about 2 years ago up here. I was under the impression that Brisbane was leveling off a bit but I could be wrong.

The good thing is is that the more high profile buildings that are built will mean they will attract other high profile buildings more than likely. Might be a start of another little boom again in Brissy !!??

·
Registered
733 Posts
It is located on corner of Boundary and Adelaide which is behind the first Admiralty district apartment. Would be better if this was located more centrally but I guess it will hide the ugly side of the Admiralty district. If it does go ahead it will no doubt encourage higher buildings in the Valley area which is not necessarily a good thing in my opinion.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Brisbane is going off. In ten years you'll all have your own personal skyscraper!

Can't wait to see the renders...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Holy crap that end of time will be so dense and full of tall slender wonders... If it is anything like world tower it will be a stunner.

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ thanks neilo, i was wondering where it was to be located. because the article mentions he was only going to RL250m height llimit. ill try to find out existing RLs at ground and we will have its height above grd!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
That block makes sense. I guess it will just be the Macrossan plus this tower eventually taking up the whole block. Interesting that the lower levels will be serviced apartments as these are the levels with impaired views. The upper levels should look over the top of the Admiralty buildings. That corner of Adelaide and Boundary was going to be a tower for student accomodation....hopefully thats been knocked on the head now.

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Intercap tower? if so the ground RL is 7m at one end and RL16m at Boundary st. So if new tower goes to RL250m, then it will be 243m high or 234m from rear.

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres map of petrie bight precinct/
you can see meriton site nest to macrossan (then called Domaine).

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
The people behind Emerald must really be thinking WTF is all the fuss about on them with all these other buildings sprouting up nearby.

·
Registered
77,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks aussie buoy. love st pauls at top of hill!

1 - 20 of 2640 Posts