SkyscraperCity banner

2581 - 2600 of 2640 Posts

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
It's interesting that this building is most appealing to posters on here when the white stripes can't be seen or are hard to see due to low light. It seems that at those times the building has a sort of monolithic quality, sort of akin to a hexagonal Trump World Tower from New York.

I wonder if it would have been better served designed like that, you'd probably need better glass to pull that effect off though. Still, the simple geometric shape and wall of glass could have been nice, if probably a little dehumanising for local tastes. Funnily enough, at 250mRL on the skyline Soleil ain't much shorter that TWT.

For the record I love Soleil's runway model slimness, it's a graceful thiness amongst all the little fatty boombalas that otherwise make up the Brissy skyline.

vs

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Locke - In that NYC picture, how would Soleil sit in relation to hight with the buidings shown? do you think the black one on the left?

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
Hey Locke - In that NYC picture, how would Soleil sit in relation to hight with the buidings shown? do you think the black one on the left?
Soliel has an RL of 250m, Trump World tower has an RL of 269m, so pretty similar, it would look more or less like the tower on the far left.

Amazing shot btw!

·
Registered
260 Posts
^^Cool _thanks for that. Yes that pic looks great, it looks like a very thin & tall gold AMP building (old AMP building) not sure what it is anymore.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Trust me, Brisbane is not going to regret having Soleil and Infinity. :)

I still have assorted photos of Soleil to be posted as I work through the photos I took in Brisbane.

2581 - 2600 of 2640 Posts