SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed by the Straits trading building in the morning, discovered that the main entrance has been locked and all the shops (including a local stock broker at the first floor) has also stop operating. A redevelopment of this number one - most ugly building should be in the pipeline.

·
Registered
195 Posts
this is the really ugly building behind hsbc right?

would it be reclad or do we think it could be actually knocked down and rebuilt?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PJCCUK said:
this is the really ugly building behind hsbc right?

would it be reclad or do we think it could be actually knocked down and rebuilt?
Quote:

The Group is developing a new commercial building at its previous Raffles Place site to replace its former Straits Trading Building. It also owns commercial properties outside Singapore such as the Straits Trading Building in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

http://www.stc.com.sg/home.php?

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
^^

some information from an article in the Business Times:

15 Sep 06

"Mainboard-listed Straits Trading is expected to tear down its namesake office building at Battery Road next month and build a new 25-storey office tower on the site."

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
25 stories? They could go taller than that on that site couldn't they? It's right in the middle of the cluster. Excellent news though, it'll be goodto see the end of that brute of a building.
On a side note, what are they doing to HSBC in that pic? That isn't the start of a reclad is it? If so, YAY!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I'm not sure if theres anything going on at HSBC...its base was recladded just 2 years ago :yes:
Yeah, I know that but I was wondering if the base reclad was just the first phase of a planned total reclad... It would be really nice to see the whole building reclad in a similar style.

They certainly seem to be doing something to the wall in this pic:

Ah well, was just hoping!

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
I'd never bothered to take proper pics of it before it was announced that it would be redeveloped...glad I managed to get its final moments! :happy:

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.