SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Dubai Aye!
7,767 Posts
Village/Precinct, more shops more restaurants :nuts:

They are showing that they have no clue about what to do with prime beach front site. What happened to the landscaped parks with trees, shrubs and artificial waterways, lazy rivers, lido style lagoons, kids fun pools, refreshment stations, proper showering and changing areas, sunbathing zones, barbecue zones, piped easy listening music, etc etc. People would be happy to pay nominal entry fees to have it maintained daily in a clean and manicured condition. There is enough of a catchment between the marina and JLT to make it a commercial success. But more empty restaurants and shops, please give us a break!!!!

·
It's show time, folks!
1,776 Posts
Village/Precinct, more shops more restaurants :nuts:

They are showing that they have no clue about what to do with prime beach front site. What happened to the landscaped parks with trees, shrubs and artificial waterways, lazy rivers, lido style lagoons, kids fun pools, refreshment stations, proper showering and changing areas, sunbathing zones, barbecue zones, piped easy listening music, etc etc. People would be happy to pay nominal entry fees to have it maintained daily in a clean and manicured condition. There is enough of a catchment between the marina and JLT to make it a commercial success. But more empty restaurants and shops, please give us a break!!!!
^^It will be Benidorm and Torremolinos all over again, without the alcohol of course. People just don't learn especially when driven by dollars.

·
Registered
457 Posts
This will attract more and more people to the JBR walk...during the Saudi holidays and around Christmas and New Year you will hardly be able to push your way through the crowds....but where will they all park their cars ?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I read somewhere 3-4 levels basement car park but cant find the article..

Its should have many otherwise wont be sucess.
It's 2-3 if the plans haven't changed since the last time I spoke to someone on the project.

I also get the impression they'll be done a la Marina Walk. 50dibs parking unless you've been to one of the shops in the establishment.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It doesn't matter how many levels of parking there will be, the parking entrance will be blocked by the usual half dozen Land Cruisers who will just park and wait for an empty space to appear next to the entrance.

How are they going to police people in beach attire entering this "mall"?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
It doesn't matter how many levels of parking there will be, the parking entrance will be blocked by the usual half dozen Land Cruisers who will just park and wait for an empty space to appear next to the entrance.

How are they going to police people in beach attire entering this "mall"?
I don't think they will. It's an integral part of the beach.

·
Registered
457 Posts
So that s another 3 to 5 years serious construction along the JBR Walk considering this project and Crystal Towers on the former Oasis Beach Hotel plot ? :nuts: The years from 2015 to 2020 could then become the best years for JBR before everything becomes shabby and kind of "old" for Dubai standards...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
So that s another 3 to 5 years serious construction along the JBR Walk considering this project and Crystal Towers on the former Oasis Beach Hotel plot ? :nuts: The years from 2015 to 2020 could then become the best years for JBR before everything becomes shabby and kind of "old" for Dubai standards...:cheers:
lol, do you know that Mall of the Emirates opneed 7 years ago, and its still rocking :)

·
It's show time, folks!
1,776 Posts
^^ I see your point. I think however, Dubai needs a different approach to maintaining buildings. At some point you need to repair facades and not tear the building down, because it doesn't look nice any more. Once JBR starts looking "shabby" ( and it already does to a certain extend) you need to repair. That's what you call maintenance.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The problem with that is that someone needs to take responsibility for paying for maintenance. That's not going to happen when Dubai is full of "good businessmen" who believe that "doing good business" means not paying money to anyone for anything.

1 - 20 of 562 Posts