COST 2.6 Billion AED !
NUMBER SHOPS: 1400
NUMBER CAR SPACES: 16 0000
OPEN : NOV 2006

Claims to Fame
World Larges Retail Development
50 international soccer pitches
Largest mall in the world
Will be served by the Dubai Metro Rail when it opens ( 2010 ?)
Will have Featues like
- Olympic Ice Skating Arena
- World class aquarium, one of the World’s Largest Aquarium, three storeys high featuring glass tunnels where you can slide right through and come face to face with sharks, sting rays and other exotic marine life
- World Largest Gold souk At 25331 square metre, with 50-metre high dome detailed in the grandeur of historical craft tradition
- IMAX, Screen

+ More
-

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,744 Posts
Some websites for this MEGA project

www.Dubaimall.info

www.thedubaimall.com

it says this mall will be more than 12 million square feet 6 million of wich will be retail space

about 1400 shops , check it for ur self at the second website

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,744 Posts
Thats what they say :) ;) and its not really that un imagineable really

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
that mall is massive! on that website you linked to the top even had me go across to see the whole thing! that is just awsome. :)

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Construction images are IN
walked out there on the weekend
(I kill my self in the heat for these shots )

looking out towards the desert

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,744 Posts
are you sure those cranes are building the mall of all malls :)

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yell they are in the right place according to the layout as i understand it

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep am more than sure
they may not be building the mall but sure they are preparing the site and are on it as i was at that intersection as shown on this map looking in the correct direction

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,744 Posts
Oh so the al wasl etisalat and the interchange are on the right of this poster u poted right at the end ?

if so , i guess your 100% correct :)

Dubai mall seems like its going to get a huge lot of domes , nice blue ones too

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intresting article here
Main Points are
Dubai Mall dozen wait on contract announcement

Just who gets to build the Dubai Mall will be known in a couple of weeks. The mall is perhaps the most valuable square kilometre in the world, and its developers, Emaar, claim it to be the largest of in the world. “We have tendered the job. We are in the award stage now. I believe that there are about a dozen contractors in various joint ventures who have been shortlisted after the pre-qualification process. We shall award the contract in a few weeks’ time,” Mohamed Alabbar, chairman of Emaar Properties, told Construction Week.

“The estimated cost of the project to build the world’s largest mall is Dhs2.6 billion,” adds Alabbar. He said the foundation work of Dubai Mall has already been awarded to Middle East Foundations. “We are still on target for completion by the end of 2006,”

The measurements are huge. The Dubai Mall development will span about 1.2 million m2 in one of the most prime areas of Dubai. It will have a leaseable space of about 360 000 m2 (against current world champion, USA-based Mall of America’s 290 000 m2). To get an idea of scale, Dubai Mall will have a 16 000 unit capacity car park compared Deira City Centre’s 4000 car capacity. The development will boast 1400 shops, up to 40% of which will be new concepts to the region.

He announced that the company has undertaken extensive traffic engineering studies to provide for ease of access. The main entrance to the mall will be via Doha Road to ease the presure off Sheikh Zayed Road. The complex will also be served by one of the main stations of the proposed Dubai Metro. Access is proposed via double storey roads, the upper storey of which may be for cargo and supply vehicles.

Alabbar said Dubai is not over-malled where per capita retail space is just 2 ft2, while in the USA it is 17 ft2, in the Far East 9 ft2, in Middle East 1 ft2. Tourism is continuing to grow at 12% per annum and there are 1.5 billion people just two hours flight time away who are looking for a safe, fun place like Dubai. Moreover, the Middle East has 30% higher visitor footfall in malls because it is a social activity, Alabbar pointed out.

Asked if Dubai would be overmalled in a couple of years when Dubai Mall, Mall of Arabia, Mall of Emirates, Al Reef Mall, BurJuman expansion etc. will be completed, Alabbar said no; only that Dubai would reach the per capita retail space level of the Far East, which stands at 9 ft2.

http://www.itp.net/business/news/details.php?id=12350&category=

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Ok, so if this is the biggest in the world, how does it compare to the West Edmonton Mall, currently the biggest in the world?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it that USA-based Mall of America’s 290 000 m2 ?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
never enough car spaces
I hate parking at mall I hope they focus on links via publis transport buses and taxi and ( train if possible ) more as parking is the worst. at Deria at night it can take like an hour just to park the car

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL the Games ! Thats not going ot happen any time soon like this decade, And that only a small part of this cities life and cycle. But Hope by then then there will be dense public transport in place. But this Mall opens before the train will ( Mall 2006 Train 2010 )

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah it worked but changed ownership now we have the entire thread history I may have to do this to a few more threads so we dont lose old stuff

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just where i got up to get the images

1 - 20 of 1829 Posts