SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1829 Posts

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,730 Posts
Thats realy smart !!! strange thing is , when i was over at the site months ago this military thing was inside the fence and now its no where near the fence !! interesting :)

well i guess i could try it out , might get photos which are a little more focused !

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yet was a huge compond like a few mons ago they brough it all down in like a few weeks
the images are in focus and crisp
little small
but i see no reason to have huge images the orginals are on line but I am yet to asked for the full size or rechive complaints untill now :)

B

·
0 Posts
Here are some renderings of the Dubai Mall taken from the site courtesy of dubai_dude. I like having the images in the thread.

That golden dome in one of the pics reminds me of Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock. I think I also spot a prehistoric fish in the aquarium (the big flat one).. or maybe I just don't know my fishies well enough.. oughta watch more Discovery Channel.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
4 levels hardly seems much
there are mall in Aus that are like 8 levels tall ( i know there are issues with getting strolling shoppers up that high but 4 levels ! Hope that changes taking it up to 4 could double it's size

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,730 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Bulldozer girl :)

Trances come on man , i mean if this was a tiny mall , i guess 4 floors is nothing , but this is 870,000 m2 i mean thats almost ten million square feet

city center is only 2.8 million :) and it is still quite big , this will be 10+million with four floors

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yes but denisty is better than shere size
Sure there is as much floor space in we halfed thesize and doubled the height But there is the distance between shops and areas is far less !
hope there are gocarts, monorails or travelators between each end

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,730 Posts
i think i misunderstood you !! so your saying this mall should be smaller in size and have alot more floors

or larger in size and alot more floors still ?

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
what are you guys talking about?!?! :weird:

this one will be the world's largest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but only until mall of arabia in dubai land will be finished, then dubai mall is the second largest!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well just saying that there is advantages from smaller size and taller if you can get the people to the upper floors

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
4,730 Posts
i wonder how big the Arabian mall will be , does anybody have any idea how big it will be ?

maybe 15 - 20 million square feet :) who knows !!

when i saw the vedio of it on the t.v is said you could go for months and months on end ( i think they said for a year) going and eating at different restaurants and never having to eat at the same one twice

so i guess there will be about 340+ restaurants :p;)

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
i don't know if it's better to have more or less floors. i think the whole concept is well done. 4 floors are ok!

i suppose, if dubai mall had 8 floors or even more, people wouldn't realize how big it is!!!

they know and see that it is big and has a huge area, so they come more often!!! maybe this is what the constructors intend?!?!

B

·
0 Posts
Hmm.. I don't think you can walk in any of the top levels of that aquarium "corridor" with a skirt on. Btw., where did they say people can swim with dolphins and whales? Was it in Dubai Mall, Atlantis, or Dubailand?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well there are signs up the leaseing center for the Project is now open on the site
Means they are selling future retail space in the mall
Saw the Signs on Defence Roundabout

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Toadman said:
HOLY SHIT!!!!!

The retail space in Dubai Mall is 400,000m2

You sure 16,000 car parks is enough???

I remember to have heard that it will have 16,000 covered car park plus many more in the open around the mall.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
World's largest aquarium to enchant visitors at The Dubai Mall
Spectacular views and a line-up of unique aquatic attractions are in store for visitors to The Dubai Mall Aquarium, which will be the world's largest indoor marine mammal pavilion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sheer size and magnitude of the aquatic offering will be a fitting complement to the world's largest shopping mall by Emaar, which is part of the company's prestigious Burj Dubai District which will boast The Burj Dubai, the tallest residential building in the world.

Said Ibrahim Al Hashemi, Executive Director, Retail, Emaar: 'The aquarium will be an integral part of The Dubai Mall's diverse entertainment portfolio and is bound to impress visitors with the grand scale of its development. Designed to world-class standards, the aquarium will allow visitors to experience the exotic wonders of aquatic life first-hand through breathtaking views and a choice of leisure and dining activities.'

Located strategically in the centre of the mall, the 50m long aquarium will be flanked by two glass tunnels at varying levels offering windows into the incredible diversity of marine life. Travelling through these, visitors will be treated to an exceptional underwater experience as they see eye-to-eye with sharks, stingrays and other species of fish in their natural habitat.

A host of cafes and fine dining restaurants surrounding the aquarium will offer visitors a choice to dine or relax and enjoy the fantastic views.

Other attractions include a state-of-the-art discovery centre whereby both children and adults can enhance their knowledge about the aquatic world through a selection of books, audio-visual presentations and exhibits. In close vicinity will be a souvenir shop offering exciting mementos and gifts.

'The aquarium will inspire wonder and appreciation of nature in our visitors. With its captivating views and multifarious attractions, The Aquarium is a must see for all age groups and will make one's visit to the Dubai Mall truly memorable, ' Al Hashemi added.

The iconic Burj Dubai tower and The Dubai Mall are the imposing cornerstones of Emaar's 400-acre Burj Dubai District and potent symbols of the scale of Emaar's ambition to see Downtown Dubai take shape.

The District also includes The Boulevard a 3.5km stretch of exquisite architecture drawing on styles from around the world, The Residences' exclusive upscale apartments and the stylish antiquity of The Old Town.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
BulldozerGirl said:
Hmm.. where did they say people can swim with dolphins and whales? Was it in Dubai Mall, Atlantis, or Dubailand?
Atlantis.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Dubai mall lease rates soar
The lease rates for prime retail space in Dubai shopping malls could pass USD136 per sqft in the near future, agents told Gulf News. Retailers said that mall owners could currently name their price as there was a shortage of space. But in the next three years available space will double from seven to 15m sqft.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
they sure know how to up sell and create a market

21 - 40 of 1829 Posts