SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought as it now falls under a new name it should maybe have a new thread. I'm not sure of the finer details as the sign just says "The Macrossan Apartments-One Apartment Per Floor", so very similar to Domaine, not sure if height, design etcetera has changed...

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Somehow said it said 'hotel' as well, is it mixed-use now?

·
25,791 Posts
Chatted to the real estate guy who said it was:

37 floors
32(?) units covering the entire floor units,
The same exclusive stuff as domain (cellar, wine tasting bar etc. etc.

He also said the design of the building will be released on Saturday!!

·
25,791 Posts
Looks like they've cut a lot of height off it, prob about 120-130 metres now. Disapointing, Domain was one of my favourits!

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Ah well 160m to 130m, doesn't make that much difference, it was never one of my favs, can't say I'll lose sleep over it. Hope the design is good.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Density is fine. Its not like petrie bight can really be saved in terms of design.
:) thank-god it didn't die though.

Oh, and next time someone creates a thread on a project, please use the proper title format.

·
©
9,470 Posts
Hmmmm............Now it will just blend in with the rest of the shit there. Oh well, hopefully it's nothing like the rot that Devine managed to rustle up for that area.

·
25,791 Posts
Chances are that it will just dissapear with Skyline, emerald and 549(?) taking the limelight and the focus in that area. You probably wont see much over the Devine garbage there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So is Petrie Bight the name for this area?

I happen to think The Marriot is one of if not the best looking Brisbane towers, and with Customs House just down the road I think it has great architecture. Hopefully The Macrossan will stick with the vintage look, or go ultra modern, for diversity.

·
6,434 Posts
Found the website for this project - www.macrossanapartments.com.au Nothing to see really, just an expression of interest form but worth keeping an eye on.

So 37 storeys with only 32 apartments - that good value for your skyscraper!! River Place has only one more storey but has almost 10 times more apartments (with 311) :)

·
25,791 Posts
If it isn't tall, I'm hoping it'll be a stunner to look at up close. This will be really the only vantage point you'll get of this one!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oriolus said:
Found the website for this project - www.macrossanapartments.com.au Nothing to see really, just an expression of interest form but worth keeping an eye on.

So 37 storeys with only 32 apartments - that good value for your skyscraper!!
It was interesting to note on that website, that Macquarie was one of the involved parties along with Ubran Pacific. I didnt think Macquarie did this sort of development stuff?

I reckon the tower will look similar to the tower they have as the logo for the Marcrossan.

·
Live and Let Build
810 Posts
rivercity said:
It was interesting to note on that website, that Macquarie was one of the involved parties along with Ubran Pacific. I didnt think Macquarie did this sort of development stuff?

I reckon the tower will look similar to the tower they have as the logo for the Marcrossan.
Interesting you spotted that rivercity - I also noticed and was a bit intrigued - but can't shed any more light unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
rivercity said:

Macquarie manages and develops property worth $30 billion globally

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeh, i'll ask my brother what he can find out, as he works in the sydney office of Macquarie Bank...although its more the investment banking section...needless to say, he might be able to find something out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
zach24 said:
Macquarie manages and develops property worth $30 billion globally
yes, but please i beg you to name one resi property (large scale) in qld....without going on their website and checking ...............................................................................................................
Yeh, thats what i thought...couldnt think of any, thats because most of their projects are abroad, or the australian developments are in sydney...even then i can only think of one large scale resi in sydney

·
25,791 Posts
You have to start somewhere. Maybee they see potential $$ in Brissy for a while yet??

1 - 20 of 606 Posts