SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Real_Estate_Property/10091282.html

iPod will be model for Omniyat's new tower

By Robert Ditcham, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Real estate developer Omniyat Properties is planning to launch projects worth more than Dh3 billion in 2007, starting with a tower inspired by Apple's iPod MP3 player.

The company will announce at least two residential projects and one commercial development and will open its account in February with the innovative iPad residential tower in Business Bay.

The 23-storey building, which is scheduled to bring more than 200 units onto the market in 2009, was designed by Hong Kong-based architects James Law Cybertecture International.

The tower will sit atop a docking station angled at six degrees to give the exact look.

With a property portfolio worth Dh2.7 billion in its first year of operations - made up of four luxury commercial developments in Business Bay and one residential tower - the company has already made a swift impression on the market.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
very nice this is for real
it's omniyat anyway ;)

i like the fact that it's leaning like an ipod on its docking station :)

but what the heck is that extension in pic above where there seems to be another tower on top of it?!?!
i guess this is just one part of the model, which has been pulled up for whatever reason

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
it might show some interior.

i love the tower and this kinda branding will happen more often in the future i guess.

if omniyat is able to live up there promises they are going to be top of the line for sure.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am afraid omniyat poeple going to have a same future as the damac people. They are spending more on advertisment and publicity rather than construction and project management.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
32,105 Posts
Yes they started but they Postponed the completion date already.
Or maybe they just made it more REALISTIC.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
I like this tower actually. It'd help if they forgot about the ipod reference and just built the tower. It looks nothing like an ipod anyway

·
Jelly Bean!!
2,232 Posts
^^ lol i agree..it looks nothin like an ipod

but the tower looks quite kool..they should definately build it

1 - 20 of 453 Posts