Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late Night with Coanan O'Brien will be broadcasting from the Chicago Theater Tuesday-Friday! Who knows.. maybe he'll consider a permanent move. :)

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
So could I. I doubt he will, but we could always dream :D It'll be cool seeing the ornate Chicago Theatre with say, the masturbating bear! :hahaha: Hopefully there will be some skits taken outside the theatre throughout various areas in Chicago, and maybe we'll see some stuff like MoMo underconstruction or the ABC studio

What I'd really like is for him to come every summer for a week like Leno used to do.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
I think La Bamba should join da force. He fit right in. Plus that intro was spectacular.

·
Registered
454 Posts
As expected... he rolled up a ball of Chicago clichés; ad nauseum, and had a bunch of rowdy suburbanites scream and shout. George Wendt? Great way to fit the "lardo" image Chicagoans are so proud about. At least tonight's show has promise.

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
They also cheered when Conan "mistakenly" said Chicago. I think they were ready to clap for basically anything.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
NWside said:
Well that's where i got the impression...
so, because some audience members cheered when what's his name said he grew up in glen ellyn, you concluded that the audience of 3,800 was all suburbanites?

that doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Steely Dan said:
so, because some audience members cheered when what's his name said he grew up in glen ellyn, you concluded that the audience of 3,800 was all suburbanites?

that doesn't make any sense, but whatever.
If it helps you can stand outside and conduct a scientific study... The Glen Ellyn roar was pretty big... One suburb out of hundreds.... and where did I say all of the 3,800 were suburbanites?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Well, I must admit, I'm a big fan of Conan, so I liked the show. I did, however, find it annoying that the audience would laugh and cheer at anything. It kinda made them look a little like children... But of course this makes sense, since the show is not regularly here. If you watched when he went to Toronto, it was the same deal. It's like a concert more than it is a talk show. But... what do you expect? And of course they're going to use a lot of cliche Chicago stereotypes for bits. What do expect them to do? Have a serious discussion on the revival of urban Chicago? Or maybe they could do the show totally normal, but that they just happen to be in Chicago.

·
Registered
454 Posts
UrbanSophist said:
Have a serious discussion on the revival of urban Chicago? Or maybe they could do the show totally normal, but that they just happen to be in Chicago.
Valid point... but come on... George Wendt and Mr T.... These are the celebrities "representing" Chicago? They're not even worthy enough to host "I love the 80's." I'm calling Oprah...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts