SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,484 Posts
With the IVY gone this will damage Sydney's reputation even more, make no mistake.

I'm not against the redevelopment of the site and haven't even been to the IVY at all. But i do know that it is the one club many seem to be frequenting or talking about outside of ARQ which is an LGBTI venue. What happens when all of these night venues are completely gone? My issue is where are the new ones? Where are the alternatives? Are new pubs, restaurants and tiny bars enough to make Sydney a fun, inclusive city again?

And i wonder how long until someone buys off ARQ near Taylor Square for a high rise development and kills the only proper gay night club remaining in Sydney. Again i am all in favour of moving forward and developing the city but not at the constant cost of losing our diverse night life. And i honestly don't see any actual alternatives or plan B's for this. Not even from Clover Moore who seems content with the 50-70 people capacity watering holes that are popping up here and there.

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Glad to hear the IVY is getting bigger and better, not gone. Don't understand the hate comments earlier either. i mean i don't frequent the club, haven't been once, yet it's the one place most people name drop when going out so obviously it needs to remain.

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Sounds like good news to me. More commercial in the CBD is needed and a hospitality precinct sounds great- especially with a night club

The more night clubs the better but imo unless they lifted the lockout laws and expanded the operating hours i can't get too excited. Sydney needs that too start breathing again..I wish we would get more Frank Ghery and some Zaha Hadid in the CBD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.