SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24,181 Posts
Awaiting the reaction from Town Hall House...
amidst deep concern for those poor people who lunch on Martin Place steps @ George Street whose sunshine will be cruelly blocked for possibly 10 days, maybe even a fortnight in late June every single year.*

* In light of recent and past events, I would like to take this occasion to point out that sarcasm is involved in that statement, so be alert.

· Registered
24,181 Posts
I was thinking more of the endless chopping back of Wynyard Place - to 27 storeys - and council's petty obduracy over so fatuous a point.

CoS is alleged to be easing up on its aversion to height: this will definitely be a test case.

· Registered
24,181 Posts
Times change, and changes occur in lifestyle, as has already been noted.
Each generation cries out 'Where has MY Sydney gone?!' Gone the way of the world and Sydney, London, NY, Paris, etc., move on as they always have.
It's when movement ceases you've got to worry.

Apparently a new 'scene' is emerging so committed partygoers and clubbers should put on their party clobber and get out there and party while you can.

· Registered
24,181 Posts
In most cases this is true. Classic evidence is in how nimby campaigns are dominated by older people who oppose change in a sad effort to hold back time, though they don't see it that way and claim they are protecting 'our' heritage, which is usually a self deceit.

My belief is always: If you can't be part of the future, get out of the bloody way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.