SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is to warn anyone who has any interest in buying or renting at Mezza Residence Condominium located along Aurora Blvd and Araneta Ave. Most if not all the units in these towers have a water leak. The units leak along the ceiling when it rains in most of the floors. SMDC management and unit owners have known about this problem since these condos were built in 2007 but never disclosed it to their buyers and renters. They act like nothing is wrong and still rent and/or sell their units without disclosing the issues. The building engineers and maintenance personnel would pretend to fix the problem knowing fully well that there is nothing they can do about it. These buildings should be shut down or be condemned. By not disclosing this or any building problem the developer along with the unit owners are misrepresenting the property and are committing a fraudulent act. They should be reported and prosecuted - including Henry Sy!!! How many properties like this exists in the Philippines???!!!

The other issue with condominiums in the Philippines is smoking. This is a warning to foreigners or anyone against breathing 2nd hand cigarette smoke who expect that laws and regulations against smoking are enforced in the Philippines. Unfortunately, they are not. Many Filipinos smoke inside their units and the smoke travels to other units. The developer/property managers will tell you they have a no smoking policy but trust me - they do not enforce it. You will be miserable inhaling second hand smoke in addition to your unit stinking like smoke, not to mention the fire hazard it creates in high rise buildings. THere is a reason why regulations prohibit gas appliances in high rise buildings. They are a source of ignition. What do you think a cigarette is? Good luck renting or reselling the unit. Been there done that. Be warned!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same situation as EGI Taft Tower (the condo that cockroaches built). In addition, the elevator issue at EGI is the worst since they only have 1 elevator servicing the whole 29th floor most of the time as the others were down for several years now. Wake up folks!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SMDC Mezza Residences water leaks

I was wondering if water still leaks in to the units of Mezza Residences whenever it rains?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smoking in High Rise COndominiums - Philippines

Does anyone know the regulations on smoking inside the units of condominiums in the Philippines? Does the government's executive ban on smoking inside buildings apply to them?

Be aware that when people smoke inside the units the smoke migrates to other units especially on the same floor. If this happens how would you suggest addressing the matter?

Generally, smoking in high rise buildings in developed countries is always prohibited bc of fire safety. The same reason why they prohibit gas appliances. They are both a source of ignition.

·
6,765 Posts
^^ If its a renter I can imagine you can always put in the contract that smoking is prohibited. If the renter violates that, you can always kick him out and keep the damage deposit. I think House Rules would cover the common areas and will be enforced even more due to Duterte's smoking ban.

But if the smoker is an owner, that is a bit tricky. You can only hope that the home owner's association has teeth if you complain through them. In Canada, owners sometimes were forced to sell their condos if all the other owners rally against them for things like noisy pets or children. But I noticed many home associations here has less teeth, many dues unpaid but not being collected and so on. So its a crap shoot if you have a good home owners association or not to get rid of a pesky smoker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This particular situation is in Aurora Gardens just down the street from Mezza. The property managers there are pretty useless. They pretend to do something but really have no balls to confront the smokers.

Didn't President Duterte sign an executive order to prohibit smoking inside buildings?

Is this being enforced all over?

·
6,765 Posts
^^ Yes it is being enforced but it is for public buildings (offices, hotels, malls, hospitals, schools, etc). I am a social smoker and can really feel the inconvenience, but I don't mind because I know its for the greater good. Condos are private buildings like individual houses but most if not all have smoking ordinances. Some condos like condotels or mixed use with SOHOs may also fall under public buildings. It looks like you got a weak property manager so just assert yourself and don't hesitate to contact the authorities (barangay) and organize with the home owners association.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The condo unit owners are finally getting around to forming their association. But I foresee that the smoking will persist and enforcing the policies will be a challenge. I just do not understand some of these residents. Very undisciplined. Thats why this country does ot progress. People are sooo undisciplined.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Simple suggestion. Whenever you smell the smoke, close your door and make sure your door is properly sealed so that the smoke won't get in to your unit. Else, place a big industrial fan outside your door in the hallway and direct it towards his/her unit. Place also another big industrial fan in your unit and direct it towards your door so that the smoke will not go into your unit. Turn-on your air freshner, if you have one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Simple suggestion. Whenever you smell the smoke, close your door and make sure your door is properly sealed so that the smoke won't get in to your unit. Else, place a big industrial fan outside your door in the hallway and direct it towards his/her unit. Place also another big industrial fan in your unit and direct it towards your door so that the smoke will not go into your unit. Turn-on your air freshner, if you have one.
Seriously?? You're kidding right? That's not the point.

·
Banned
154 Posts
It is best is to live in a landed house or a castle on top of the hill if you can't tolerate such issues and inconveniences in clustered residential housing.

There are bound to be some neighbors who are not discipline enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.
I bought an apartment in Makati. Unfortunately, since my stay, my unit has often leaked due to the neighbors upstairs. There are more than ten leaks in a year. After I reported it to the admini office, they said it was repaired every time, but it leaked again soon after the repair. Sometimes, leaks can severely damage my furniture and floor. The manager of the admin office actually said this was caused by my own problem (he just did n’t want to take responsibility). I really cannot accept this treatment. I also tried to ask the admin office for the telephone number of the neighbor upstairs, but the admin office refused.
The manager of the admin office is very tough.
How should I solve this problem:
1. Completely solve the problem of water leakage from the neighbors upstairs.
2. Who is responsible for and compensates for damage to furniture, doors and floors of our unit
If you are a professional or have experience in handling. please help me
The condo developed by Eaton Properties.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI.
I buy it from re-sale . but the title still under ETON properties developer . I have the absolute contract

1 - 17 of 17 Posts