SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New Thermal Power plant in Brazzaville . Just completed 2009

New Highways being built in nothern part.

Brazzaville Point-Noire Route.

Future Brazza - Point-Noire Highway.

the Highway construction underway :cheers:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Not much construction projects in Brazzaville or the rest of the Republic of the Congo. But I sure hope they come up with a new bridge or tunnel to connect Brazzaville with Kinshasa.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the highway, in particular , will it be a toll highway?

I generally love multi-lane highways and it makes my heart leap when I see them in Africa.
No it will not be a tall Highway, just to connect Point-Noire to Brzzaville.

There is a Railway being constructed as well along the Highway.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not much construction projects in Brazzaville or the rest of the Republic of the Congo. But I sure hope they come up with a new bridge or tunnel to connect Brazzaville with Kinshasa.
No you're wrong, Congo-Brazza got so much going on than DRC right now.

I don't want a bridge for Kin-Brazza. I want to the Bidge to Connect DRC e to Tanzania.

Anyways the governement has just abandoned the plan to built Brdge-Rail for Kin-Brazza because everyone is concerned about the economy in Bas-Congo could be a disaster.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don´t understand, why not? Both cities can profit from each other...I don´t understand.
DRC needs a deep water port, not a Bridge. we still profit from each other wihout the Birdge. We can't continue to depend on Durban or Maputo port.
If the bridge is built , then we will lose all the money we make with on our little ports of Matadi and Boma. and people will lose jobs because investors will choose the deep water port of Pointe-Noire( bigger, deeper, and more excessable).

Why not spend money on building our own deep water port? i hate depending on anyone .

·
BROKEN ARROWS
4,299 Posts
it should be built in Equateur not Kinshasa, Equateur needs to be linked up to Gabon and Congo Brazza. Open that up and then the northeast and west will have a secondary port cutting dependance on other ports to the east. You have Bumba already linked up by rail to Isiro and Kisangani-Beni road is being paved. A direct port linkage to Gabon-Congo Brazza by rail and road bridge will be great.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
No you're wrong, Congo-Brazza got so much going on than DRC right now.

I don't want a bridge for Kin-Brazza. I want to the Bidge to Connect DRC e to Tanzania.

Anyways the governement has just abandoned the plan to built Brdge-Rail for Kin-Brazza because everyone is concerned about the economy in Bas-Congo could be a disaster.
I don't care about their economy. I want some kind of connection between Brazzaville and Kinshasa. The government can't just drop this connection. It is a necessity.

·
BROKEN ARROWS
4,299 Posts
just like any sane place they should get ferries with larger capacity instead of what they use now. The money should be used to connect the area further away has that would bring in getter development to the region than just linking to party city so both sides can lose their heads.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't care about their economy. I want some kind of connection between Brazzaville and Kinshasa. The government can't just drop this connection. It is a necessity.
you don't care about DRC's or Brazza's economy?:nuts:

Then what's the point of building a damn bridge if it's not going to be economical?

Just a flower bridge is all you care about?:nuts:

the dumbest conclusion i ever hard i my life.

BTW the construction of DRC's Deep water port is going to start early next year.
the bridge is on hold.:)

They listen to my economic strategies.:) ( they better).

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
The bridge between the two capitals is not an urgence!

I'm congolese brazza born. One the best thing to achieve is that Highway to link pointe noire!

When my grand father died in 1994 we took roads to go to his funerailles and the travel was "bumpy" and hard typical african ancient road! With this element it would be more interesting to travel the country and see its wonderful landscape (trust me i know what i'm talking about)

The travel by plane is unceratain and this highway is a very very long wish from poupulation!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts