Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Hell, lets build an HSR Line!

Votes: 5 9.8%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metrolink Connection - Offers direct LAX to Downtown service using the Harbor Subdivision.

Green Line Extension - Extends the Green Line from the Aviation Station into LAX.

Crenshaw Line - Construction of a new rail line from the Expo Line down to LAX. It is not yet known whether the line will go into downtown or not.

LAXpress - The construction of a new HSR line, maybe under the name of Metrolink, to LAX using the Harbor Subdivision from Downtown.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
In terms of expediency, of course I'd rather have the Green Line connect first. However, my favorite project definitely is the Crenshaw Line.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i was thinking the metrolink connection, but can those trains even wrap around in front of the terminals? plus acceleration sucks for the job.

i've been looking forward to the green line extension for a while, but all the transfering from green to blue to red/purple to get to our city's center is a pain especially since it discourages people with all the luggage to even using the system.

the crenshaw is the same with transfers but it looks like it won't take as long to get downtown.

an HSR line is better than metrolink in acceleration, but the wrap around terminals is still tight.

the crenshaw actually has better potential to maybe continue passed the expo and red/purple line and bank east to union station. until it makes it that far, one transfer onto red/purple is satisfactory.

·
Angeleeeeeeeno
1,720 Posts
evenly distributed ideas so far. I would personally like to see a direct connection to downtown. Green Line will work, but too many transfers (makes a difference when u're carrying luggage.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking the metrolink connection, but can those trains even wrap around in front of the terminals? plus acceleration sucks for the job.

i've been looking forward to the green line extension for a while, but all the transfering from green to blue to red/purple to get to our city's center is a pain especially since it discourages people with all the luggage to even using the system.

the crenshaw is the same with transfers but it looks like it won't take as long to get downtown.

an HSR line is better than metrolink in acceleration, but the wrap around terminals is still tight.

the crenshaw actually has better potential to maybe continue passed the expo and red/purple line and bank east to union station. until it makes it that far, one transfer onto red/purple is satisfactory.
Well none of these options would go directly to the terminals. With all of themm, you'd have to get off right outside the airport and take a future people-mover system the rest of the way. Personally, I prefer the Metrolink line since it's directly from downtown and has the fastest average speed. (Faster than light rail)

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
I would love to see multiple connections (hell..mabye build a new large train station at LAX) but I would also suggest a express line from LAX to downtown. Or two express lines. The other going from the Valley to LAX and with a final stop in Long Beach.

LAXpress mabye?

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
SMG, the LAX Express isn't being studied as a potential HSR line. It will use either LRT, DMU (Metrolink), or EMU technology. In any case, there will need to be two Harbor Subdivision lines:

1) LAX Express offering nonstop service between LAX and Union Station
2) "Harbor Line" operating with regular stops between Union Station and the South Bay

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Of the four options, I chose Metrolink -- even though I don't want Metrolink using the Harbor Subdivision. I believe we need to integrate both the LAX Express and Harbor Line into the Metro Rail system.

The Green Line to LAX is impractical with all the connections required. A direct link between Downtown and LAX would obviously be better.

The Crenshaw Line only is a viable option if it either continues to Downtown instead of terminating at the Expo Line or makes a connection with the Purple Line. It will do neither, for now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see why Metro is so big on extending the Green Line to LAX when updating the Harbor Subdivision ($160 million) is far cheaper along with direct service to Downtown. It's far more practical and cheaper than the Green Line Extension.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
^^Aviation and Century, presumably.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope it happens before the Green Line Extension because personally It think the Green line would just be a waste of time and MONEY. Put that money into the harbor subdivision. Much fastr and much cheaper.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
I really don't like the idea of the Crenshaw Line pairing up with the HS in north Inglewood. The potential of the Crenshaw Line seems to be to go through the heart of Inglewood and terminate at the Green Line. I would also like to see it jump over to La Brea and go through downtown Inglewood. Oh well............

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. The Crenshaw Line should only be for a line from downtown to the South Bay. Use the whole thing and not just part of it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts