• Crenshaw Line Connection

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Hell, lets build an HSR Line!

Votes: 5 9.8%
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
L O S A N G E L E S
6,590 Posts
There you go, heavy rail. Something tells me that, by the size of the stations along the route of the Red line, they were meant for heavy usage. With major destinations in mind.
Through connecting stations I'm sure L A X was one of those and this fact is, again, reflected in the size of the stations along the way.​

·
Registered
187 Posts
I voted for Green Line, but after more thought I think I would prefer the Harbor Subdivision Metrolink option. It blows me away that they built the green line so close to it but didn't connect it to the airport. 'tards :bash:

·
Strategist, Thinker, Doer
256 Posts
...The potential of the Crenshaw Line seems to be to go through the heart of Inglewood and terminate at the Green Line.
Where is the heart of Inglewood? Are we talking about Downtown Inglewood or Hollywood Park area? Harbor-Sub would hit all the jobs in Downtown Inglewood and will be a short ride to the Airport which means a lot more ridership.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
My vote goes to the Green Line extension. Also the Green Line should be extended to the east and terminate at the Metrolink lines going from Union Station to Orange County. That would serve a lot of people who use LAX from Orange County and reduce congestion on the 405.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Where is the heart of Inglewood? Are we talking about Downtown Inglewood or Hollywood Park area? Harbor-Sub would hit all the jobs in Downtown Inglewood and will be a short ride to the Airport which means a lot more ridership.
I don't think that anyone feels that Downtown Inglewood is around (soon to be demolished) Hollywood Park. Downtown Inglewood would be along La Brea where the City Hall and Police Station are at. The current configuration of Crenshaw I believe will pass just north of that but it seems that if it continued down La Brea in an aerial then turned on Century heading to the airport could work out well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
(soon to be demolished) Hollywood Park.
NO WAY!?!?! Are you serious? I haven't heard anything about that. What a huge hit to Inglewood.

·
256 Posts
I don't think that anyone feels that Downtown Inglewood is around (soon to be demolished) Hollywood Park. Downtown Inglewood would be along La Brea where the City Hall and Police Station are at. The current configuration of Crenshaw I believe will pass just north of that but it seems that if it continued down La Brea in an aerial then turned on Century heading to the airport could work out well.
But the Railroad is within short walking distance away from Downtown Inglewood, couple that with a number of bus lines along La Brea between Florence and Manchester it would serve a lot of people and provide a greater anchor to the area.

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
I don't understand why so many are for the Green Line extension. We'd still have to extend the Green Line east to Norwalk for it to become practical for those living in the OC and Inland Empire.

Union Station is the hub of LA's rail system. A direct, nonstop train from Union Station would provide the most connectivity with LAX.

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
^ Good point. Then we would need Crenshaw, 405, and Lincoln for the Hollywood and Westside connections.

Wright, would a London Underground type spur (where the train loops around the airport and serves each of the terminals) be feasible?

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
1) LAX Express offering nonstop service between LAX and Union Station
2) "Harbor Line" operating with regular stops between Union Station and the South Bay
Also Wright, would the HS be able to handle these two lines plus Crenshaw given the limited ROW?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You could've told him to just go to Union Station and take the Flyaway bus directly to LAX. I use it sometimes and it's a lot faster and easier.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Yeah, Flyaway is the way to go.

·
256 Posts
Also Wright, would the HS be able to handle these two lines plus Crenshaw given the limited ROW?
In key sections near stations they'll need more right of way, however those sections west of Crenshaw are mostly industrial minus the Park on Centinela/Florence.

Wright, would a London Underground type spur (where the train loops around the airport and serves each of the terminals) be feasible?
A people mover like the JFKAirtrain is going to be needed to better serve and provide connections from the Transit Hub(Century/Aviation) into the terminals and serve passengers travelling between the terminals given that there will be two style of rail connecting the area, (Commuter Rail and LRT cars with different train vehicle specifications)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts