• Kohn Pederesn Fox

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8481 - 8500 of 8748 Posts

·
Registered
14,364 Posts
We all know Crown Sydney is the tallest building in Sydney. Here's some other fun facts:
  • Crown Sydney is the fourth tallest building in Australia (behind Q1 on the Gold Coast (322.5m), Australia 108 in Melbourne (317m) and Eureka Tower in Melbourne (297m).
  • Crown Sydney ends the 28-year run of Chifley Tower (244m) as Sydney's tallest building. Chifley Tower is now the 15th tallest building in Australia.
  • For the first time since 2013, Sydney has a building taller than Brisbane.
  • For the first time since 1991, Sydney has a building taller than Perth.
  • 7 of the 10 tallest buildings in Australia are partially or completely for residential use. Only Q1 and Crown Sydney have an accommodation component.

·
Registered
72,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,482
its lev66 observation will be 246m above grd
be no3 in Aus

·
downtown.
6,718 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Is Sydney Tower/Centrepoint/Westfield tower .. whatever it is called, not a building? How is this being touted as Sydney's tallest building? I have a feeling this has been discussed before and it may have slipped me by

·
Registered
72,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,489
sydney tower is a tower, its not a skyscraper.
totally different construction and engineering.
great phtoos cnd. yes Crown loves overcast weather. brilliant

·
Registered
72,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,493
ok i think ive got this right
concrete slab has topped last week at 265m. the 3 shells still to be built with highest one 6m high.

·
Here we go again
986 Posts
Is Sydney Tower/Centrepoint/Westfield tower .. whatever it is called, not a building? How is this being touted as Sydney's tallest building? I have a feeling this has been discussed before and it may have slipped me by
At least 50 percent of a building's height must be occupiable to be defined as a "building" according to CTBUH. Anything less and it's simply a structure.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Some statistics on the construction...:)

Crown Sydney Tops Out at One Barangaroo

After four years of construction, Crown Resorts is preparing to open the 349-room hotel in December 2020, alongside 14 restaurants and bars, and selected retail.

Homeowners at Crown Residences at One Barangaroo—located in the upper floors of the building—were also on schedule to move into the building in the first half of 2021.

To finalise the build more than 1,300 people would continue to work on the interior fit-out of Crown Sydney
throughout the remainder of 2020.

Almost 4 million hours of work took place during the construction phase in total including the installation of 10,000 glass panels, of which 80 per cent were unique in size.

More than 237,000 tonnes of concrete was poured, 20,000 tonnes of steel reinforcement and steel structure were put in place and 220,000 tonnes of contaminated material was remediated.

By the end of fit-out there is expected to be 50 different types of marble and stone used throughout the building, crystal light installations, 1,800 artworks and more than 50,000 shrubs and 300 trees in place.

One Barangaroo recorded 12 sales over $20 million by February including purchases by Crown Resorts largest shareholder James Packer and veteran venture capitalist Bob Blann.

topout story link

·
Premium Member
Architecture, Urban Design & Planning
11,400 Posts
May 24 - the facade is made for overcast days!
It really is. I see Crown from my apartment every day. It is incredible to see how the facade changes during the day when it is overcast. Gorgeous, really.

8481 - 8500 of 8748 Posts