SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
494 Posts
Tx guys for putting up all the deets. A family member is actually pondering purchasing an apt at barangaroo, just waiting to see what the prices will be like..

· Registered
494 Posts
love the look of the building... Sydney, might not be heading up but definitely moving more and more in the right direction in terms of pushing for well designed buildings..

· Registered
494 Posts
^^

agree on the more basic parts of the design, but Im getting excited about this part.. dont think we have anything like this in residential in sydney..

· Registered
494 Posts
Best news Ive heard all year, one of my favourite architects... The Shard looks amazing on the skyline,.. when I saw it up close at street level I thought it was a bit disappointing however... made me realise that Sydney with its current and future crop of buildings is really taking street level engagement seriously, and is all the better for it..

· Registered
494 Posts
great video in the tele article! Wish it weren't so but Sydney just seems to be miles ahead of all our other capitals when it comes to contemporary waterfront development.. Fingers crossed Brisbane gets something just as beautiful and possibly even better..

· Registered
494 Posts
This and the video for Quay Quarter on loop!

here is the official video of Barangaroo South Masterplan released by LL- watch in HD:)

Reactions: mobus and SydneyG

· Registered
494 Posts
Unfortunately, I think the best thing about the Abode design is the carpark podium.. Street level is shocking, and above the car par podium the window treatment makes it look really cheap.. anyhow, need to see it firsthand to see if its really as bad as it looks on screen..

When you are next in Melbourne checkout Adobe (Abode rather)... Very cool looking building, but is a great example of the contribution these new tower's are offering the city.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sYuAQxSPEVcDcK-nohUBmEQ!2e0
melb are runing out of ideas to camoflage carpark podiums for towers. they look silly.

· Registered
494 Posts
has to be one of the greatest transformations in the world for a part of a major cbd

I think the transformation of much of it into the headland park really does make it a standout offering.. also the fact that they have designed into it great street activation by providing really high quality intimate al fresco dining options set under these huge commercial buildings is fantastic.. as to some of the other major cbd transformations cant comment on Hudson Yards but would love to visit!.. Worked for a year in Canary Wharf and personally found it a rather depressing environment, Melbourne Docklands area have visited a couple of times and found it underwhelming..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts