SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 3437 Posts

· Registered
90,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
latest-
the lowrise units along waterfront infront of the 3 office towers will be next to be submitted DAs.
soon after,the revised masterplan for resi towers and hotel .!

· Registered
12,900 Posts
I hate those low rise Banga units, why do they bother wasting space on them? Add more towers all the way to the new headland..
A good reason for this is to keep the skyline behind Circular Quay, which ensures from many vantage points in Sydney that the Bridge and Opera House are given plenty of room in the skyline to stand out proud.

· Registered
17,091 Posts
^^
I'm interested in this also!

I'd be surprised for R1 to go - it is located in a prime waterfront location and completes the wall of low rise residential apartments along the promenade.

I'd be less surprised to see R7 go. It will be overshadowed by C5 for a fair part of the day.

Pure speculation here, but perhaps the cultural centre will be relocated from the waterfront square to R7 and be a bit more substantial in size?

Methinks R8 and R9 could be lodged by year's end for planning approval.

· Registered
90,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
yes your right. cultural centre will prob go where R7 was to be.;)

· Registered
90,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

· Registered
24,183 Posts
AND R1! That's more like it.
Back there it just said R7 and I was about to have a whinge about it not fronting to the water as well as being too small for anything significant, but the combined site is much better, tho' it does cross a street so it'll be elevated over it? (Boy! what a hodgepodge of a sentence!)
I've had a hardcopy of the plan and have been trying to figure out what could be done there, but with the 2 sites greater possibilities open up.

· Registered
17,091 Posts
Cul did say 'CU Square.' This could mean the public square will be west of what was once Globe Street (not sure if that name still applies) on the site of R1, and the cultural building where R7 is.

R1 is quoted in this report as being ~820 sq m.

https://majorprojects.affinitylive....5c95/Preliminary Environmental Assessment.pdf

In this report, R7 is quoted as being ~1,140 sq m.

https://majorprojects.affinitylive....9f7c/Preliminary Environmental Assessment.pdf

Unless more space is provided for a cultural building, it will still be a token gesture. A five floor building at 1,140 sq m per floor (total = 5,700 sq m) is still less than half the size of the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay.

I noticed in Cul's first post that there is a substantial amount of vacant space to the south of R7. It could easily double the amount of space available...so much so that a building with a floor plate of ~2,500 sq m per floor could be created. And, ~2,500 sq m x 5 floors = 12,500 sq m. Much more substantial.

· Registered
17,091 Posts
New website has been launched ahead of the release of the residential component at Barangaroo

http://www.barangaroosouthresidential.com/

COMING SOON TO BARANGAROO SOUTH

Luxury Waterfront Apartments and Penthouses

Situated on Sydney's spectacular harbour front, Barangaroo South is destined to become Sydney’s premier residential community, being directly connected to a globally-admired waterfront business and leisure precinct.

With a mix of stylish high and medium rise apartments, Barangaroo South offers an impressive range of options from one, two and three bedroom apartments to prestigious sky homes enjoying stunning Sydney Harbour, Harbour Bridge and Opera House views.

The premium residences have all been designed to take advantage of harbour views and will include sustainable elements that provide a superior indoor environment.

Approximately 800 apartments will be delivered in stages, creating a vibrant community of around 1,200 people.

For more information on Barangaroo South , visit the Barangaroo South website.

Register now for Stage 1 coming in 2013!

Note - there's a small artist's impression of the waterfront promenade at Barangaroo South at the bottom of the website. It appears to be north of both C5 (gold tower) and C4 (silver tower)...possibly in line with C3 (bronze tower). Notice the lack of a pier and hotel, for those that are holding onto that aspect of the original plan

· Registered
8,006 Posts
Thanks sky.
The new master plan for hotel and residential should be lodged soon, so we will find out how R4 and R5 will be changed.

And Cul has also said that R1 and R7 may not be built.
And the DA for the waterfront residentials will be lodged next.

21 - 40 of 3437 Posts