love the atrium and braces /cantelvered section

north elv

west elv

Bathurst st is becoming a real apartment mecca

heritage listed Porter house which will tower will cantilver over

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Looks like a promising little building :)

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^yes great design. ill post more info as it comes to hand.

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
Out of the blue it came and I think it's going to be a Good One.

Trivia: 117m = 384ft = same height as the original AMP Building on Alfred Street, Circular Quay. And it's on a site that has long needed redevelopment.
Does it require a competition for the final design?

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^yes once envelope is approved ,then a design comp will be held. quite a constrained enevlope. like 115bathurst.

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
edited in section and block render
more info. its 116bathurst not 112

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Thanks for the updated info Cul :)

I like that they are leading with residential apartments.

8 levels of basement carparking is quite a lot for a site within easy reach of Town Hall and Museum stations.

·
Ozzie!
251 Posts
Is the building leaning over the porter house? anyways it looks awesome

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out with stage 2 designs!

Excuse me if this has been covered - what is that proposed building (white) at the far left of the 2nd last pic from the city model on Pitt St (next to the Telstra building)?

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the height limit is a sun plane down to hyde park, thus the slopped roof. its at aboyt RL143m, so thats why its 117m.
sky-its a carstacker, so thats why so deep.it has 200 units so they have to have a space for each.if this was in melbourne the 8storeys would be above grd.yew.
surry-the white bldg next to telstra was a 25storey unit block which was proposed last year. i actually think its been withdrawn.ill check to see.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
^^
Didn't realise the City requires 1 car space per unit. Quite a lot considering the public transport proximity.

If 302 Pitt Street (70 units), 141 Bathurst Street (68 units), 116 Bathurst Street (200 units), 115 Bathurst Street (420 units) all got up in proposed form, that would equate to 758 units ~1,500 new residents in the city. As many as are planned for Barangaroo South!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out with stage 2 designs!

Excuse me if this has been covered - what is that proposed building (white) at the far left of the 2nd last pic from the city model on Pitt St (next to the Telstra building)?
That (correct me if I'm wrong) is 302 Pitt Street?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1336071&highlight=302+pitt&page=2

Looks to have had a few floors added since that thread was updated (to the 25 Cul mentioned)

·
Registered
76,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^im not sure about carparking.just a guess. i think it differs from site to site.

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
Generally no parking for studios, and only some 1 bedroom apartments have car spaces, 2 bedrooms gets 1 car space and 3 bedrooms gets 2 spaces. But, as Cul said, it can vary depending on location & size of project.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Cool thanks for that :)

Seeing as Council has lost control of traffic/transport management in the city, I wonder if they will shift their attention to carpark provisions for new residential and commercial development?

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Is there really a reason to own a car if you live in the CBD? if they're mandating a car park for each apartment larger than 1 bedroom, I'll not be surprised if many of them end up being empty, seems an unnecessary regulation.

1 - 20 of 817 Posts