SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick roundup of large projects around australia.

SYDNEY

Lumiere

Meriton

Stamford marque

Parramatta-Escen
miliux

--------------------------------

MELBOURNE
Eifel
mugley

dock5

neo200

Verve & milano

-----------------------------

BRISBANE
Brisbane sq
Duke

Festival Tower
kwigibo

monmary
duke

charlotte towers
kjbrissy

-------------------------------
GOLD COAST
circle on cavil
kwigibo

avalon
kwigibo

the Wave
deejayt

Southport central

jade
deejayt

Ultra
deejayt

verve
deejayt

----------------------------------

ADELAIDE
City central 1
aceman

---------------------------
PERTH
Can someone post pix from WA. run out of time.
lol

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
magnificent growing southern CBD of syd

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a quick block diagram showing skyscrapers (over 35m) uc as of june1 in cap city

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Gold Coast is going off the hook there, construction cap of Oz and it's a regional city lol!

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
Nothing inspirational going up in Perth yet. We must be due for a new landmark building soon, with the boom going on and CP being the last major built.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
go the goldie and there are planty more towers that should start soon yay
soul orecle sierra grande and a few more cant wait

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,135 Posts
ryan79 said:
Nothing inspirational going up in Perth yet. We must be due for a new landmark building soon, with the boom going on and CP being the last major built.
Yes its a little strange isn't it - WA economy is going gangbusters through the resources boom but the buildings are modest. Interestingly, the residential tower construction phase is now well under way in Perth but there is no great height - many around the 70m mark. Hopefully there might be one or two impact buildings before the cycle eases. With property prices going insane in Perth atm, I wonder how much longer the cycle will last.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
tic said:
Yes its a little strange isn't it - WA economy is going gangbusters through the resources boom but the buildings are modest. Interestingly, the residential tower construction phase is now well under way in Perth but there is no great height - many around the 70m mark. Hopefully there might be one or two impact buildings before the cycle eases. With property prices going insane in Perth atm, I wonder how much longer the cycle will last.
Property prices are increasing at an astronomical rate atm, but so are construction costs. The distance from the other capital cities makes it more expensive to bring in interstate workers. I guess this is what is keeping the towers low, that and the ample amount of space in the CBD's surrounding suburbs.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Ipggi said:
Property prices are increasing at an astronomical rate atm, but so are construction costs. The distance from the other capital cities makes it more expensive to bring in interstate workers. I guess this is what is keeping the towers low, that and the ample amount of space in the CBD's surrounding suburbs.
Agree that the construction costs are soaring, but I think that at the moment it's more to do with the developers in WA still emerging from their WA Inc cautiousness, they want the tennant commitment before starting anything big. If the boom continues, then we may start to see some big towers under construction again.

I would say it's more a case of eeek Adelaide, not Perth when it comes to Darwin.

·
25,804 Posts
CULWULLA said:
Heres a quick block diagram showing skyscrapers (over 35m) uc as of june1 in cap city

Locke said:
Gold Coast is going off the hook there, construction cap of Oz and it's a regional city lol!
So that's what the Gold Coast is the capital of! It'll be interesting to see a similar diagram around Christmas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts