Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have decided to open a new thread about this issue and make it sticky.
I think the problem is very real and this forum seems like an appropriate place to discuss.

I will start with this event:
https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5304584,00.html
Apparently a piece of glass fell off one of BSR towers (the article doesn't specify which one).
One woman sustained minor injuries.

·
4,996 Posts
The article mentions that a random passer-by was severely hurt from a plank that fell from scaffolding in a Holon construction site.

I do think the issue is getting more attention these days, but as usual, the enforcement is lax and the justice system doesn't care. For example, none of the people responsible for the death of the female officer when the light installation crashed on her went to jail—they got community service—and that was one of the most clear-cut cases of negligence, plus someone actually got killed. Stating the obvious: nothing will change until we will see both tougher enforcement and tougher punishments for guilty parties.

·
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recently it passed in the news, that they finally began assembling inspection teams which will be responsible for enforcement of safety regulations on construction sites.
Perhaps there will be some change for the better eventually.
I agree with your sentiment of justice, that requires harsh punishments for cases of gross negligence like the one you mentioned, but in the long run, I think large fines and more workforce dedicates to enforcement is more effective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts