1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xanthi city hall (2005)

Athens - Office Building (2004) [Peiraios Street]

Athens - Office Building (2005) [Kiffisias Avenue] {Vikelas}

Stasinopoulos Headquarters (2004) {Vikelas)

Cyprus Theater (2003) {Architecture constest 2nd position)

Peiraias Police Headquarters (2002)

University of Thessaly - Medical Department (2002)

Achaia Police Headquarters (2003)

Ministry of Commercial shipping - Peiraias (2001)

Naval Dock for ferries (2003)

Pedestrian Bridge in Peiraias (2003)

Filo8eh- Palamas Square (2004)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Those projects are truly magnificent; have any been built or are any currently under construction? I sure hope so...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
All look fantastic. Especially the University of Thessaly complex and Palamas square.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
The one in Kifissias by Vikelas I haven't seen it though, and the same applies with the 9-storey masterpiece for Peiraios street. Also, I think that we should add here the building of the Bayer pharmaceutical company in Amaroussiou-Kifissias and Sorou roads (completed) and the municipality of Peristeri building which is under construction. The same applies for the Thessaloniki Municipality building which posesses a significant post-industrial design.

In general, it would seem that there are many significant municipal buildings that are either recently completed or are under construction. People does not know about the Cholargos Municipal building which is in Perikleous street in Cholargos suburb, it is completed and is a jewel with a large auditorioum hall used as municipal theatre, very good yards and in proximity to the Cholargos Shopping Centre which is also a small, yet ranks amidst the most successful shopping centres in Greece.

Other than that, these buildings show that there is still a flame that burns in the chest of many contemporary Greek architects. Why not turn it into a real fire?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ενδιαφέροντα σχέδια και μακέτες όχι κάτι το εντυπωσιακό πάντως. Metroguardian μήπως μπορείς να μας πεις τι ακριβώς είναι όλα αυτά?? Μακέτες κάποιας εταιρίας ( υποθέτω ) ή απλά σχέδια και μελέτες από διαφορες εταιρίες και δημόσιους οργανισμούς??
Πάντως το κτήριο της αστυνομικής διεύθυνσης αχαϊας είναι 100% μακέτα και στον αέρα μιας και το οικοπεδο στο οποίο υποτίθεται ότι θα χτιστεί είναι χώρος στάθμευσης για την ώρα ενώ ακούγονται σενάρια ότι μπορεί να δοθεί στο δήμο ή στο νέο μουσείο ( σχεδόν δίπλα του ) .
Αν έχει κάποιος φωτογραφίες υλοποιημένων έργων από τα παραπάνω ας μας τις δείξει.
Από ψηλά κτήρια πάντως πάλι τίποτα.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Skaros my friend, those are still just architectural renderings from Anaparastasis company. You can find more info about the projects in anaparastasis.com. To my knowledge those are still visions, but in their site you can find many other sketches that have been build and are well known. Lets hope that something similar will happen for those. Let me also mention that those are mostly 2003-2004-2005 ideas, so we can wait a bit more.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Does anyone know the architect of this plan? the style reminds me of a famous architect's work.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hmmm, call me over-critical but I'm not overly impressed by any of those. 'Close but no cigar' best describes my feelings. Spain does all this so much better.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
hmmm surprise surprise....finally something interesting....i'm talking about the office project almost complete..i actually like the design.....it's not bad...i find it beautiful..with some nice renderings it will be very nice....in my opinion definitely better when compared to Nobel museum or the Athens stock exchange....:eek:hno::no:,which could probably be quite good for an office building...but not a stock exchange..........

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
Very nice projects but not of a scale equivocal to the size and significance of Athens.

The office building in Peiraios is excellent and so are the ferry docks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts