Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show off your city's/metro area's convention center.

·
Registered
754 Posts
^Absolutely one of the prettiest convention centers in the country! From my experiences, most of the convention centers out there are pretty utilitarian in their architecture and design. I know the Dallas convention center and the New Orleans convention center are butt ugly on the interior and exterior.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol Javits sucks ass its old as shit...but still more prolific than anyone elses cities! I believe Javits is being rennovated..?

·
Banned
568 Posts
Sahil12345 said:
lol Javits sucks ass its old as shit...but still more prolific than anyone elses cities! I believe Javits is being rennovated..?
lol, at least we're willing to admit when something thats a part of our city sucks.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
^^ Are those palm trees in Wisconsin?!?! Now I've seen everything.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I love colorado's............ :) :runaway:

·
1,652 Posts
Milwaukee has a very nice convention center. Although the "Midwest Airlines Convention Center" name is somewhat of a draw back.

As for Denvers, I like the light rail that appears to go under it. Creative and useful. Plus the bear helps out a lot. haha.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
SDfan said:
Milwaukee has a very nice convention center. Although the "Midwest Airlines Convention Center" name is somewhat of a draw back.

Actually it makes quite a bit of sense, a locally-based airline sponsoring a major hometown civic project. That's the sign of a good corporate citizen, giving back to the community.

An airline provider paying for naming rights to a convention center....an airline that just might carry some of the conventioneers who will be going to events hosted at that very convention center. Doesn't matter how big or small the company is, that's how the name recognition gets out, and how the convention center gets money. It win-win for all of Milwaukee.

·
Registered
943 Posts
George R. Brown Convention Center:

Its a shame GRB loses alot of Conventions to the recently rennovated Reliant Hall.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
^^
Wow,denver's colorado convention center is so cool! I wish Chicago's McCormic has the same coolness to it. It is too mejectic and original. :)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Denver's IS cool; what brand hotel is that?

Here's the Columbia Metropolita Convention Center in Columbia, SC; not as grand as some of those pictured here, but not bad for a metro of almost 700K. It was completed in 2003 and is 145K sq ft, with room for future expansion (it will definitely need it):

Hilton convention center hotel rendering (under construction):

Rendering of parking garage under construction serving the convention center:

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center

Chicago's McCormick Place, with 2.2 million square feet, is the nation's largest convention center, but Chicago's dominance of the lucrative convention business is under increasing challenge from warmer destinations such as Orlando, Fla. and Las Vegas.

McCormick Place is the largest convention center in North America with 2.2 millions sq. ft. of exhibit space. Expansion planned for 2007 completion will add approximately 600,000 more sq. ft.

Ok, some pics from Chicago... :)

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel in Chicago, USA

McCormick West expansion project:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts