Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Canadian eh!
3,525 Posts
Where is Germany? Great Britain? China? Seems like the bigger economies are omitted just to fit the state map.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Where is Germany? Great Britain? China? Seems like the bigger economies are omitted just to fit the state map.
? I'm pretty sure the concept of this map is to show a country whose economy is the same as the each state. Countries like Germany, Great Britain and China are omitted because none of the states have economies that equal those countries economies.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that those countries aren't included because they have economies larger than our largest state, California. It's just a fun map....I can't help but detect a small amount of anomosity or jealousy in your post. Settle down.

·
Canadian eh!
3,525 Posts
I would rather see the larger economies represented even if it took up 4/5 states. Just a better way to compare.

As for anomosity or jealousy? Where do you get that from my post? The anomosity comes when people make blank statements like yours.

But to be honest I really don't shive a git.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The map is out of date.

·
Banned
518 Posts
I would rather see the larger economies represented even if it took up 4/5 states. Just a better way to compare.

As for anomosity or jealousy? Where do you get that from my post? The anomosity comes when people make blank statements like yours.

How cute, an angry Canadian!

·
Banned
518 Posts
How cute, an ignorant American. :eek:hno:
Care to elaborate on my "American Ignorance" or do you just like to throw the word around because it gets laughs in whatever cranny of the world you come from?

Also, I believe the United States has the highest percentage of college educated people, the best universities in the world and the highest percentage of advanced degree holders, so the phrase "ignorant American" is really misplaced.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts

They're comparing INDIVIDUAL STATES, dumbo. :) I'm pretty sure West of the Mississippi is now a larger economy than east of it, both are about the size of China, or in that neighbourhood. Texas has actually surpassed Canada's economy, making Texas, New York, and California the three American states with a larger economy than us.

·
User lang
1,407 Posts
Care to elaborate on my "American Ignorance" or do you just like to throw the word around because it gets laughs in whatever cranny of the world you come from?

Also, I believe the United States has the highest percentage of college educated people, the best universities in the world and the highest percentage of advanced degree holders, so the phrase "ignorant American" is really misplaced.
yeah, and this picture tells you about the usual motto of an american citizen. :lol:

^^ look at how uncle sam munches on the whole world. :lol:

just kidding.

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
Are you retarded? And you guys call us ignorant? It's a map showing each state and its gdp compared to other countries. In case you didnt notice china will probably take up half or more of the map. It's interesting to see how much a state makes, like florida makes as much as SK.

·
User lang
1,407 Posts
why are there always people that lurk our US forums for the sole reason of posting anti-american bullshit?
oh im sorry. dont take my post seriously. I was just kidding.

but the reason that Im here is just that id like to know if Oklahoma is considered a poor state? can someone answer that? thanks

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
Uh i wouldn't consider it 'poor' but it's not one of the richest. If a state doesnt make alot the union(other rich states) basically pick up the tab for the poorer states creating a standard of living for the whole country(or attempting to). But according to this
"Oklahoma had the 4th fastest growing GDP in the nation from 2005 to 2006. In 2006 Oklahoma's GDP was $105.7 billion, a 6.7 precent increase over 2005"

I dont think 105.7 billion is poor..

But florida for example makes "$596 billion" but it also depends on how many people live there. In the map they compare Oklahoma to philipines, maybe philipines has way more people than oklahoma, so oklahoma makes more and has less population but i dont know about that.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Considering Oklahoma, a state of 3,500,000 million people, has an economy as big as the Philippines, a nation of 89,000,000 people. That's pretty rich.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts