SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copenhagen is the capital and largest city of Denmark, with a metropolitan population of 2.000.000. With the completion of the transnational Øresund Bridge in 2000, Copenhagen has become the centre of the increasingly integrating Øresund Region. Within this region, Copenhagen and the Swedish city of Malmö are growing into a combined metropolitan area.

Copenhagen has repeatedly been recognized as one of the cities with the best quality of life.It is also considered one of the world's most environmentally friendly cities. The water in the inner harbour is clean and safe for swimming. 36% of all citizens commute to work by bicycle. Every day, they cycle a combined 1.2 million km.
As of 2010, Copenhagen is ranked as the 10th most expensive city in the world according to Forbes magazine.[10]

Copenhagen has often been called "Beautiful Copenhagen" and I hope my photos will show you why.

...and a well deserved coffe break after a hard days work....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmö was completed you would take the ferry from Malmö (where I live) to visit Copenhagen. The ferry was a 45 minutes ride from the city center in Malmö and stepping off the ferry the first thing you encountered was "Nyhavn" (translated "NewHarbor")..
Nyhavn is a 17th century waterfront, canal and entertainment district in Copenhagen, it is lined by brightly coloured 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. Serving as a "heritage harbour", the canal has many historical wooden ships.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Kongens Nytorv (King's New Square) is a public square in Copenhagen, centrally located at the end of the pedestrian street Strøget. The finest and largest square of the city, it was laid out by Christian V in 1670.

Strøget is a carfree zone in Copenhagen. This popular tourist attraction in the centre of town is the longest pedestrian shopping area in Europe.

Frederick's Church (Danish: Frederiks Kirke), popularly known as The Marble Church has the largest church dome in Scandinavia with a span of 31m.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you enjoyed the photos so far. Copenhagen is not just inner city charm and small narrow streets there is this area called Ørestad. It is a developing city area on the island of Amager.

One of many planned high rises, due to the close proximity to the airport the buildings are not allowed to be higher the 80 meters.

Hotel CabInn in the rear..

CabInn...

This is one of my favorites buildings in Ørestad..

·
Tōkyō itsumademo
379 Posts
Very charming city, i've fallen in love. Thank you very much for sharing

1 - 20 of 38 Posts