Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wonder if they will be pushing council for streetscape upgrades. City and Liverpool aren't exactly nice places (not that the hotel design helps in the slightest). You would think turning their back on Symonds and making use of these quiet streets would be quite a 2018 thing to do, rather than treating them like dirty alleyways.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36....4!1shVOsdLeyoIZK1-xU3OCWGw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wonder if they will be pushing council for streetscape upgrades. City and Liverpool aren't exactly nice places (not that the hotel design helps in the slightest). You would think turning their back on Symonds and making use of these quiet streets would be quite a 2018 thing to do, rather than treating them like dirty alleyways.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36....4!1shVOsdLeyoIZK1-xU3OCWGw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
They could fund the upgrade if they wanted action here considering these are nowhere on any list for upgrades any time soon. AUT and SkyCity took this approach for getting St Paul (soon to happen) and Federal St turned into shared spaces.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Walking down Symonds St today I noticed that the new 30km city speed limit signs were up at the KRd intersection. The one on the left says ‘city centre’ in english (heading down Symonds St) and the one on the right says ‘pokapū taone’ in te reo No fuss at all. Can you imagine the ruckus that would have caused a decade ago?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Walking down Symonds St today I noticed that the new 30km city speed limit signs were up at the KRd intersection. The one on the left says ‘city centre’ in english (heading down Symonds St) and the one on the right says ‘pokapū taone’ in te reo No fuss at all. Can you imagine the ruckus that would have caused a decade ago?
It's funny isn't it? I remember how angry the mouth frothers got when the the national anthem was fist sung in Te Reo at the 99 RWC. Now it's just standard, as it should be.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts