SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wates Construction has been appointed to build the new student accommodation development at Teesside University, marking another major milestone in the University’s £300m Campus Masterplan.

The £21.4m Cornell Quarter project will see Wates build a new 300-bedroom residential complex for students, arranged across 48 cluster apartments, each complete with communal facilities and with a proportion of rooms designed for students with special mobility needs.

https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/new...15&this_issue_title=April 2019&this_issue=311

·
Registered
222 Posts
Excellent news and to be perfectly honest I didn't know TU and Wates were this far on. Spades on the ground already.

And talk of the student village to commence early 2020, it looks like a good few years for the construction industry in Middlesbrough Centre. Hopefully this string of new build inspires confidence in the town and we start to see additional investment in a broad range of initiatives. There's a lot of talk around new build homes in the town so with any luck we start to see a re-populated and vibrant town centre.

·
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets hope so! Has anyone seen any visuals for the student village? I thought this was it:

But it seems that this is a render of the refurb Parkside village.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't personally seen any renders of the student village but if it looks anything like the image above then I would be delighted. Should an on site date of early 2020 be realistic TU must be engaging with architects atm. The 1st we see will likely be at planning app stage.

·
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I would imagine that we should expect to see some news on the other student sites within the coming months...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great pics. Looking tidy. Hope they plant some trees on the Woodlands road side like on the pavement across the street.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts