Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving through some of the most spectacular scenery on this planet, we arrived early in the morning at the little seaside village of Whangamata (pop. 3600) - a surfing mecca. By the end of the day we didn't want to leave.

·
A Christchurch Son
4,200 Posts
Never heard of it - but I want to go there!!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of it - but I want to go there!!! :)
:lol: When I heard that we were going there I immediately went onto the net and browsed through some pictures but from what I saw I didn't want to go. Now I am very glad that I did go, it is probably one of the best beaches that I have ever seen - it is huuuuuuge sweety :colgate:

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
Used to go either here or Pauanui as a kid, I liked going to Pauanui better since the drive was shorter, both places have developed like crazy over the past 20 odd years, they look nothing like they did when I was a kid.

I'd kill to go to a nice beach, there is no such thing as a decent beach in Northern Europe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Used to go either here or Pauanui as a kid, I liked going to Pauanui better since the drive was shorter, both places have developed like crazy over the past 20 odd years, they look nothing like they did when I was a kid.

I'd kill to go to a nice beach, there is no such thing as a decent beach in Northern Europe.
I liked Pauanui as well, the canals and The Pines golf course is awesome. We are going back there at the end of Jan and I will return with many pics - what's new ;)

When are you coming back home for ?

·
Banned
1,360 Posts
I liked Pauanui as well, the canals and The Pines golf course is awesome. We are going back there at the end of Jan and I will return with many pics - what's new ;)

When are you coming back home for ?
At the moment I've no concrete plans to come home, it's a money thing, we have a house, cars, mortgage and earn considerably more than what we could make in NZ. My plan is when we have paid down the mortgage is to sell up and move back to NZ, since property in Norway is worth crazy money our 4 bed, 2 bath house is worth well over 1 million NZD, I'll be looking forward to a very cosy retirement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At the moment I've no concrete plans to come home, it's a money thing, we have a house, cars, mortgage and earn considerably more than what we could make in NZ. My plan is when we have paid down the mortgage is to sell up and move back to NZ, since property in Norway is worth crazy money our 4 bed, 2 bath house is worth well over 1 million NZD, I'll be looking forward to a very cosy retirement.
Good to hear that you plan on bringing that money home. We will stay in Auckland for another 5 years or so, cash in on our investment and move to some stunning little coastal hamlet - where I don't know, I love so many areas in NZ and I still haven't seen everything. It is difficult to pick a favourite but at the moment I think that it will be Mount Maunganui :colgate:

Where in NZ are you planning on retiring ?

·
A Christchurch Son
4,200 Posts
We're all intrigued? Who is Scott Watson?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.