SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
corona virus at unsw, incels be like but but but my class has 80-90% chinese internationals on reddit

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
I'd love to see a graph of how many of our cases can be traced back to university students.

Just read, they're considering shutting schools from tomorrow it seems.

A lot of Europe taking some pretty drastic measures atm, our response seems fairly mild by comparison, though the respective situations are not exactly the same of course.

Still, I can't help but think some more flight bans are warranted, a good portion of Europe has closed its borders.

This is going to be a hit on the global economy, but I think if that curve is flattened the effect will be muted and it will bounce back relatively well.
usyd and unsw have confirmed cases today, check reddit

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
WA is obviously more worried than you guys. I haven't seen a toilet roll for 2 and a half weeks. Today, all the eggs, bread, crackers, rice, pasta, any meats under $30/kg, toilet paper, tissues, bleach, detergents, alcohol products and probably other things were picked clean in the Coles and Woolies I went to.
no toilet paper and all except food left in 5 stores i went to today

Reactions: Kelli

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
I'm wondering about this, have you got any gossip? I'm supposed to be heading to Newman in mid-April. Meanwhile I'm spending days on medicals, training and inductions thinking 'am I even going to be able to go?'. I asked my client and they pretended like I didn't even ask. Three pee tests I had to do, at great expense and potentially for no purpose. Just sitting here, wondering what the mining industry's approach to it is going to be. They're good at 'mitigation' rhetoric. I'm sure Qantas and Virgin would be keen to keep those routes open. Why it hasn't torn through those mine camps already is the mystery.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/16/business/airlines-bailouts/index.html

Most airlines could be bankrupt by May. Governments will have to help

:poke:

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
^^ trump has a history of diverting the topic, dont get me wrong he can do things well when things are good, however in bad times lets play the blame game and that PC related bullshit

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
I think we have grounds to criticise China, in particular the government on the basis that the virus started there and the fact that they see eating such obviously dangerous wildlife (bats in particular being renounce disease carriers), as a delicacy. Its a disgrace frankly. The list of practices that much of the world would see as abhorrent goes on and on and yet the Chinese communist party doesn't give a ****. Yes, they appear to have been ruthlessly efficient in shutting down the virus in their own country, however they are causing economic and social armageddon for the rest of the world. I hope this whole mess results in the downfall of their government......don't be surprised if the US decides to completely ban all trade with China after this.........
enola just said something but you added much thats all

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
I'd love to see Ryan under a CCP regime. But as long as there is a bucket of money, who bothers with tomorrow.
china cares more about tmr than just money, they wont be too patient for too long, ryan would probably be demoted for being anti-loyal

ccp slogan is pretty much loyalty not money

Reactions: Kelli

· RAWR ROAR RAWR
8,507 Posts
No projection, you quite clearly showed us your contempt and snubbed your nose to those who have the gumption to better themselves as entrepreneurs.

You and others simply don't get it do you, how do the jobless gets jobs if there's no businesses remaining to provide the employment, hence why they need help.
on the side note why haven't we started to deal with indonesia more, like shouldn't at least half the country speak bahasa indonesia, like seriously they have 270 million people

1 - 20 of 252 Posts