SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

· WARREN
12,326 Posts

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
No not till I feel like I am getting flu like symptoms but I am social distancing and support flattening the curve. Take that virus :bash:
I'd like to distance myself further but unfortunately I have a job that I need to attend and I have to use public transport on work days.

Otherwise I'd be keen to ride out the period down in Bombala, emerging only to go for scenic rural drives or walks :yes:. But seeing as I can't work from home in my role, that is unlikely :eek:hno:

I pity anybody at the moment who works in a job that involves face to face interaction with the public. I'm worried enough about being around my colleagues in an office.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
Why did it take so long for travel bans to be extended, particularly from Italy and the United States, given the amount of infection coming in from these two countries in particular?

They've brought all of these restrictions in too late, after COVID-19 already started becoming a serious issue here. Had they acted sooner and cut the borders + introduced severe social distancing as soon as things started looking like getting bad in Europe and North America, the spread could have been significantly reduced.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
Who else here is rather enjoying working from home at the moment? I do prefer the atmosphere and facilities of actually being in the office, but the commute is unbeatable. I think the perfect hybrid is to do a mixture of days from home and at the office.

I wonder if businesses will eventually, when COVID-19 has largely passed and life has returned to normal, learn from this experience and accept WFH as a standard way of working. It's one of those things which has never really taken off.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
Watching people in Coles today, I don't know how we've managed to dodge the bullet so far.
So many people are beyond help.

I went to Aldi the other day, and despite the markers on the floor and the staff member at the checkout actually yelling out asking people to respect social distancing, the woman behind me still stood so close behind me that she was breathing on me. Then acted as if she was deaf when I called her out on it.

And then after that, I wanted to be 1.5 metres away from the person infront of me, so I didn't walk forward even though my goods had moved up on the conveyor belt. So of course this same woman shoves infront of me and stands 20cm from my face putting out her groceries. Then looks the other way and pretends she's deaf when I called her out on it, again.

I think I'm going to have to do all my shopping between uhh, 9pm and 10pm, the quietest hour of the day. It's one thing to tolerate the stupidity of others, but when they're actually putting the safety of you and your family at risk, nope.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
Bill Shorten probably would have been elected if he went to the election with lines like that one.

Bill Shorten said:
We need to make things in Australia again, control our own medical supplies and stop selling out our national interest.
Too bad for him that his interests were perceived to be the exact opposite of that.

But that's a topic for another thread.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
The US is way better equipped than we are. It's best to pay attention.
Better equipped in what way? People there are afraid to go anywhere near a hospital for the fear of getting a huge bill, such is the great state of the US health care system.

I guess at least they have a huge amount of military resources.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
How do you come to those conclusions that it is off topic when over 66,000 Americans are dead from COVID-19 and with 1,132,512 confirmed cases. By far the highest in the World and this is meant to be the greatest Nation on Earth and you don't think questions should be asked? Just the flu Trump said be gone by April he said.
Whilst what is happening in the United States is horrendous, it's an internal problem as they haven't (for the most part) been spreading it to the rest of the world.

They are the victims of this, and you make them out to be the criminals.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
Did anybody else here download the COVIDsafe app, then delete it because it was sucking up too much battery? Not the app itself so much, but having bluetooth turned on 24/7 was killing my battery life.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
What type of phone?
Android also needs location permission which I imagine would use even more battery
Don't know if my reduced battery is due to COVIDSafe or having to hotspot because my NBN FTTN keeps dropping off
Android, or to be specific a Samsung Galaxy A5.

And yes, I probably should buy a new one as I have had this one since early 2018, but it still works fine. Except when I download apps that drain the battery.

· WARREN
12,326 Posts
^^ If it happens, then good. It's absolutely insanity that the borders are still closed.

NSW, VIC & ACT never closed their borders, and the lack of a border closure didn't cause any outbreaks.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts