SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,000 Posts
So as the doctors haven't made a vaccine yet for this virus, I'm gonna have to take the one last option to make myself immune. That is today, on Straya Day, I'm going to drink a whole slab of Coronas, straight up without lime, to make myself immune from the Corona virus.
You poor deluded fool. The only way to avoid this is to drive around in a Toyota Corona.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
I work in healthcare and this thing Is a major concern. I stocked up last week with food etc. as I expect there is a 100% chance I will be infected and have to self isolate. This is what people are stocking up for.
I overheard a woman today saying that this will only kill old people therefore doesn’t matter. Think of your parents and grandparents and then think if this doesn’t matter. I actually expect a 200 to 400 million death count in 12 months from this globally.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
There is a difference to stocking up and panic buying. Last week I stocked up with 1Kg rice, 1 pack pasta, 6 cans of tuna, 4 cans of soup, 2 litres of long life milk....
I neither cleared shelves or inconvenienced anybody as it was all part of my regular grocery shop.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
I think that is why we are seeing the panic buying and the public see what is happening in Italy and China. There is little confidence that Governments have this under control.
No government has this under control. Viruses are strangely unimpressed by Westminster parliamentary democracy as well as authoritarian Chinese dictatorships. It’s the ultimate anarchist.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Be aware that this virus will be milked by globalists to bring in pretty much EVERYTHING they've ever wanted, new powers, new laws, mandatory vaccines, globalised response effort, etc. Big Pharma is drooling bucket loads right now - they can see big profits coming ! This of course makes me suspicious as to where exactly this virus came from - and you've gotta ask yourself the question - who stands to gain the most out of this crisis? Either it was an actual accident or it was deliberately leaked - I am leaning to the position that this virus is man made and has been deliberately leaked by globalists...... yes they are that sick and evil. I've seen a number of reports now that expose DNA meddling in this virus, in particular that it has an HIV delivery mechanism spliced into it, hence why its a dangerous virus. Rather than governments so quickly dismissing such QUESTIONS as conspiratorial, why don't they instead address these concerns.

Also just for the record - I do NOT support Trump.
Good Grief.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
This will cause permanent cultural and societal change everywhere. Retail, restaurants, tourism, live shows, cinemas, gyms etc. will take years to recover. After it's gone people will be guarded as to what to do with large groups and will avoid public areas. Many many people will become unemployed and with certain industries devastated that drop if personal incomes for those people will extend the depression for those industries. People will think of putting small home gyms in, return to installing cinema rooms, rely more on food delivery apps instead of going out. Loss of income will mean the salad days of Aussies going overseas for holidays will be markedly reduced. Society will become more insular. It will happen.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
I'm bookmarking this because this is NOT going to happen. The curve in China is already contradicting this. Now, I am not saying Corona is a storm in a teacup or that it is no worse than a bad flu but something like 600k die from a flu season. There is some perspective here for people who are pessimists and people who are optimists.

This started 8 weeks ago and so far the official toll is 7119 worldwide. This is actually not a large amount. Bear in mind, everyday in the world, over 3k ppl die from tuberculosis, over 2k per day die from HIV.

It's posts like this that contribute to the more serious issue here - panic. That thing in your hand, the 'dumb' phone, is more responsible for the panic than anything else, along with the now mostly online gateway that feeds it; the MSM. Those annoying viruses of the 2000's that did not create panic? Did not have that thing in yr hand to feed that panic.

Now of course, I am not downplaying anything here. We need to protect the elderly more than anything. Why? Because there is no Corona shot. It's that simple, that is why this is far worse than the flu, we don't have a shot, yet.
Do bookmark it and please give me an "I told you so" after the dust settles as nothing would please me more than to be 100% wrong about this. :)

· Registered
5,000 Posts
I hope the panic buying ends soon otherwise I will run out of soap and toilet paper. The running out of toilet paper will not be so bad can use one hand for eating and the other hand for the business.
The method of the Indians. I’ve been advocating this at work for a couple of weeks. Served them well for hundreds of years.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
As I've said for a very long time in these forums, there's a war coming with China. Surely people can see it's in our face now. Both China and the US have been gearing up militarily for many years. The US removed it's permanent bombers from Guam just over a week ago to protect them from Chinese missile range. Something they've NEVER done before, why now? Because the threat is real, a war could start and those previously permanently based bombers are witin Chinese missile range. China could launch a "Pearly Harbour" on the US in Guam, so they moved their most important bombers out of there. The stage is set for a confrontation between China and the USA and imho this pandemic is part of the war. The nation most affected economically by this pandemic imho is the US, I believe it was an act of war, just like the Hong Kong protests were an act of war last year....... this stuff has been brewing for a long time...
They will be basing B52s at Tindal soon. With a cart start and elephant walk you can get these impressive brutes from cold to airborne in 12 minutes.
Australia needs to get its own cruise missile stockpile as well and we should never have abandoned our nuclear weapons programme in the early 70’s. If we were a nuclear power the Chinese wouldn’t be quite so arrogant and bullying towards us. Well done the federal government for standing up to them.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Yes you were very much so, since Ryan and Locke have managed to get themselves banned we need someone with your common sensed pragmatic views otherwise it will just leave us so called communists. Hexter has lost interest, theskier only posts sporadically and Brisbanite only occasionally visits to vilify us Lefties or the indigenous.
Ryan and Locke banned? What did they do to deserve that? I know they could get a bit inflammatory in this thread but these social/political threads are a bit like that. I enjoyed their input in the Brisbane forum. I hope they’re allowed back in.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
As the Donald would say... Sad.
I’m not sure if it’s Covid or the forum redesign but traffic seems to be much less throughout Skyscrapercity. We can’t really afford to have people canceled/de-platformed or kick out due to hurt feelings, it has to be a damn good reason.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
So, Dan Andrews in Victoria brought in the toughest lockdown measures in the country, no golf, etc and at the same time instead of using proper security, like the Police force, as every other state seemed to do, hired some security guards, probably from the cheapest bidder, to keep the people in quarantine from going out? End result is that either they weren't kept in properly, and/or the security guards then caught and passed on the virus to their family members and the wider community. But the problem could relate to "cultural issues" and the lack of information being provided in different languages. Wow.
I find it amazing that the security guards were so stupid that they thought they could go have sex with people quarantined in the hotel and then go back to their own families. Must be a cultural thing I guess.
An investigation needs to look at ALP links to the security companies as well given the contracts never faced the accountability of a tender process.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
I dunno I'm kinda over it, just wish I could get the virus and build immunity to it to be honest. Obviously through the use of my natural immune defences.

I'm more worried about the long term side effects of PREP and HIV being able to mutate around this protective medication. Imagine if in 10 years the whole gay community who is now no longer using protection when having sex is going to be decimated by a SUPER HIV bug that has been able to bypass the PREP that is now being used on demand by gay men. THE ICU and health system would be absolutely overwhelmed. My GP has mentioned that its a possibility but the profits from selling Truvada and the 90% protection rate is good enough for Gilead Sciences to continue selling and marketing it.

Corona is a nothing virus for me to be honest!! Let me get it, build defences and let be over! I understand for those most at risk it a virus to be avoided.
Don't dis Prep. I'm not sure about your figures but I believe its effectiveness is actually close to 100% not 90%. In combination with HIV+ guys being on treatment to have an undetectable viral load the transmission rate is zero. Prep and Treatment as prevention are the two greatest things to happen for gay men in the past 40 years (yes, above gay marriage). For the first time in almost two generations gay men don't have to be scared of each other or their HIV status, it really is the greatest thing for acceptance within the gay community.
I'm gay, HIV- and take Prep and proud of it.
I also work in healthcare and as I say to friends regarding Covid, we haven't managed to find a vaccine for HIV in 40 years so don't assume we will find one for Covid. We have never found one for the common cold either. I also tell them we might be over the worst of Covid by the end of 2021, not 2020.
Just my two cents worth.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
108 new cases in Victoria today. The public housing tower estates in Flemington and North Melbourne have now become a concern and nine are being locked down. 23 people have tested positive for COVID-19 from 12 separate families.
We may have reached the stage where Victoria needs to be isolated from the rest of the country for 4 weeks. The Victorian health minister, CMO and his woke deputy have done a poor job And should be replaced.

· Registered
5,000 Posts
127 new cases in Victoria today
The number of new cases has been doubling approximately every 3 days for the past week or so down there
Hospitalisation numbers in Victoria are also increasing
Exponential growth, not good.
A friend at work just told me a joke that Australia is like the Spice Girls, everything was going well until Victoria let us down :)

· Registered
5,000 Posts
For all those saying that Andrews should resign because he picked security guards for hotel quarantine and not police/defence, Malcolm Farr on Insiders this morning confirmed my suspicions that NSW also chose private security for hotel quarantine. Should Gladys also resign or is resignation only required if you bet and lose, not for the initial decision?
I watched that. Malcolm Farr completely left out the fact the security guards in NSW were overseen by the military and police, unlike Victoria which recruited unemployed nightclub bouncers belonging to a government ministers union.
Malcolm Farr always has his little smug and snarky anti liberal party agenda going on. He should be de-platformed and cancelled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts