SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Coronavirus

902518 Views 20434 Replies 159 Participants Last post by  prp002
What’s the thoughts here, some media outlets are doing well to dramatise the spread, 4 cases now confirmed in Australia, a lot of ‘breaking news’ updates with every new confirmed case.
20421 - 20435 of 20435 Posts
I'm always confounded by your side of politics. It's like you don't understand the worst in human nature and fail to design for it in programmes. Yet, the worst of opportunists are amongst your own ranks, how can you not know yourself? Wherever there is a pot of money the vultures come out. Service providers in this case.

The system forces people to use the money in a certain timeframe as well, if people don't use it they lose it, even if they have a condition that doesn't fit into timeframes. Again, providers are taking advantage of that, giving people treatments they don't need or want at that time to use that year's money up, so they get the same amount of money the next year. Treating people like they're the same as a business or local council? Use it or lose it by June 30 mindset. These people might need a little bit one year and a lot the following, but you're forcing them to spend the average one year when they don't need it, else lose out the next year, when you might actually need it and more?
actually - I spent 6 months back in 2015 consulting to the National Disability Insurance Agency that was in the process of rolling out the scheme into trial post codes. Back then, the Government and executive management, was seriously concerned about the annual scheme cost blowing out to $24 billion by the mid-2020's. Now we are faced with a cost of around double that and projections it will reach $120B per annum by the 2030's overtaking the cost of medicare and the aged pension. Today, the average participant takes 50K per annum from the scheme. Whilst I am fully supportive if the scheme itself, the costs have become an absolute joke. There are many people claiming money who shouldn't be entitled to it and its completely unaffordable. What so you think should be done ?
For all the whingeing the medical profession does, the AMA etc, they're actually becoming adept at exploiting government money. Perhaps not practitioners themselves, though I'm sure there are some sharks amongst them, but the practice managers and the corporate side of it. I'm hoping it's a sign that government is on to it, here anyway, by providing non-emergency emergency room. The GP system is failing in its job of keeping people out of emergency rooms (and diagnosing), and yet they're rorting medicare. For example by calling people in to get...normal test results. My local GP clinic does it as policy. When I complained, the admin people said they don't like it either and they asked me to put a formal complaint to the practice manager. Which I did. The response was unbelievable, as if I was a thickie that didn't understand a condition I'd managed for 25 years by myself. How many practices are doing this type of thing? On top of which, the irony, about six different GPs failed to diagnose the condition I have to get testing for, I had to self diagnose. But now I've done the hard work, they're cashing in. That is why NDIS is being rorted, that mindset.
In my ranks you say - actually strangely enough a lot of the perpetrators are from particular migrant groups that you left wing bleeding hearts think are sweet and innocent. And my information comes from the top of the federal security agency investigating these matters.

‘The scumbag scale’: How organised crime has infiltrated the NDIS

And frankly a lot of the rorting in the early days (before and just after implementation of the NDIS) was by Service Providers (long term industry players) who had been very good at lobbying State Governments for funds and milking the proceeds of fundraising activities to pay for generous salaries, FBT exempt perks and European motor vehicles. Too Much funding was being spent on administrative costs and bloated organisational structures rather than front line service delivery. Incidentally many of these people were very much on the left side of politics. https://www.smh.com.au/national/the...has-infiltrated-the-ndis-20220811-p5b95s.html
I'm always confounded by your side of politics. It's like you don't understand the worst in human nature and fail to design for it in programmes. Yet, the worst of opportunists are amongst your own ranks, how can you not know yourself? Wherever there is a pot of money the vultures come out. Service providers in this case.

The system forces people to use the money in a certain timeframe as well, if people don't use it they lose it, even if they have a condition that doesn't fit into timeframes. Again, providers are taking advantage of that, giving people treatments they don't need or want at that time to use that year's money up, so they get the same amount of money the next year. Treating people like they're the same as a business or local council? Use it or lose it by June 30 mindset. These people might need a little bit one year and a lot the following, but you're forcing them to spend the average one year when they don't need it, else lose out the next year, when you might actually need it and more?
The NDIS service should be directly provided by the government, like the public hospitals are. There should also be public GP clinics. Problem solved.
Reactions: Vocodr
The NDIS service should be directly provided by the government, like the public hospitals are. There should also be public GP clinics. Problem solved.
If they employed competent consultants in the first place this wouldn't have happened
In my ranks you say - actually strangely enough a lot of the perpetrators are from particular migrant groups that you left wing bleeding hearts think are sweet and innocent. And my information comes from the top of the federal security agency investigating these matters.

And frankly a lot of the rorting in the early days (before and just after implementation of the NDIS) was by Service Providers (long term industry players) who had been very good at lobbying State Governments for funds and milking the proceeds of fundraising activities to pay for generous salaries, FBT exempt perks and European motor vehicles. Too Much funding was being spent on administrative costs and bloated organisational structures rather than front line service delivery. Incidentally many of these people were very much on the left side of politics. ‘The scumbag scale’: How organised crime has infiltrated the NDIS
Reactions: M_just
It was the government's job to design a system that couldn't be so easily rorted. Which government was in charge? You're passing the buck. Not to mention making assumptions about what people on the left believe. And as usual you've posted a link that goes no way to backing up your assertions. How is organised crime linked to 'the left side of politics'? Take some responsibility for your worldview, you want liberturdianism, well this is what no rules looks like, the crooks exploit it. Don't tell me you don't understand this.

And frankly a lot of the rorting in the early days (before and just after implementation of the NDIS) was by Service Providers (long term industry players) who had been very good at lobbying State Governments for funds and milking the proceeds of fundraising activities to pay for generous salaries, FBT exempt perks and European motor vehicles. Too Much funding was being spent on administrative costs and bloated organisational structures rather than front line service delivery. Incidentally many of these people were very much on the left side of politics. ‘The scumbag scale’: How organised crime has infiltrated the NDIS
From that article that supposedly incriminates people from the left:

“When someone has access to Commonwealth funds, there should be a lot more due diligence than what is currently being done,” said Phelan. “Certainly there should be more due diligence right across the board.”

Who designed this free for all? I'm going to make a generalisation about the right, you're not systems thinkers are you? Time seems to be a bit of a problematic concept too, living so thoroughly in the present as you seem to do. Well, if you take one action today, that action has repercussions all down through time. You have to be able to anticipate some of the worst of those repercussions, and planning ahead of time for them, things like checks and balances and safeguards and laws and stuff. Not just hope for the best. Why of all people they expect the worst of people to behave is beyond me. Nothing in history or experience should lead people to trust other people where a big bucket of public funds is up for grabs. It's guaranteed that if a loophole is left, someone will exploit it. So don't leave any loopholes.

this cooker is well fried .................... the pentagram reference suggests she is another 'jesus is my vaccine' nutter

[edit] of course, its possible she could be taken the pi$$ .... in which case - well played liz ....... well played 🤡
^^ Liz has got a few issues there methinks. I am still getting over covid from a few weeks back and yeah it was bit more than just a cold for me. Am still a bit concerned with complacency from some of the over 50's not getting their 3rd or 4th vaccine dose and there could be the added bonus of a better 5g signal for them.
Covid is most definitely NOT over (says the 3-jab person who's Xmas holiday has been totally upended by a fever and then a positive test on Sunday night and another positive this morning)
  • Sad
Reactions: prp002 and andy61
take care andy and jonwil ..... hopefully warmer weather in the coming weeks provides some much needed respite from your covid journeys
Reactions: andy61
20421 - 20435 of 20435 Posts