SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Coronavirus

901412 20434
What’s the thoughts here, some media outlets are doing well to dramatise the spread, 4 cases now confirmed in Australia, a lot of ‘breaking news’ updates with every new confirmed case.
21 - 40 of 20435 Posts
well, might have to think twice about squashing into those Melbourne trains for a while and take the SUV to work
Is actually looking like a serious situation now. Unlike SARS this one is transmissible during the incubation period, which is also longer than SARS. Which means it already could be latent in the community.
One of those typical sheep SUV drivers eh? Tut tut :eek:hno:

What happened to the good ol hatch, wagon or sedan?
Nobody might be going anywhere. Showing your usual lack of systems thinking there theskier.
corona virus at unsw, incels be like but but but my class has 80-90% chinese internationals on reddit
Strangely enough you need one for driving in the snow, towing and launching boats and for various jobs around the family diary farm on the weekend..........

There are a few on this forum that think this sort of thing can be achieved by taking the train or tram everywhere
One of those typical sheep SUV drivers eh? Tut tut :eek:hno:

What happened to the good ol hatch, wagon or sedan?
^^Fair enough. But the suburban soccer mums and average joes who would rather buy a jacked up hatch for double the price and half the fun? I really don't get it
I don't think we're taking this seriously enough. Chief medical officer saying that it's okay for children that have been in China in the last two weeks to go to school. Saying there is no reason for healthy children not to go. It goes against the general understanding that the virus is transmissible during incubation when no symptoms are showing. It's either extremely blasé or they don't hold any hopes for it being containable.

The secondary infections are just becoming apparent in other countries now.
It depends on where you've been in China. Obviously if you've been in wuhan you are a risk. My job in Guangzhou even asked me if I've been to Wuhan and if I'm mainland China. They even told me not to return to my apartment a the University. This shit is serious and this time I don't think it's just media fear mongering.
I don't either.

So, trying to get this straight, you live in Chengdu but work in Guangzhou. Did they ask you this after you'd been home?
depends which state...

In NSW school kids have been told to stay home for 14 days
I don't think we're taking this seriously enough. Chief medical officer saying that it's okay for children that have been in China in the last two weeks to go to school. Saying there is no reason for healthy children not to go. It goes against the general understanding that the virus is transmissible during incubation when no symptoms are showing. It's either extremely blasé or they don't hold any hopes for it being containable.

The secondary infections are just becoming apparent in other countries now.
It's not compulsory though, they just suggest it.
no I don't get those jacked up cars at all......no more space than the old ones, but twice the metal
^^Fair enough. But the suburban soccer mums and average joes who would rather buy a jacked up hatch for double the price and half the fun? I really don't get it
I had something worse than Coronavirus over the weekend... man flu.
Jack it up several centimetres, stick on some bits of extra trim for the "rugged" look, slap on a new badge and its automatically a cha ching for the dealers and manufacturer. :lol:
no I don't get those jacked up cars at all......no more space than the old ones, but twice the metal
stupid - so many pretend off-roaders......the only worthwhile safety feature on these vehicles is 4WD (if its constant) which makes them grip more on-road........but offload 90% of them are useless
Jack it up several centimetres, stick on some bits of extra trim for the "rugged" look, slap on a new badge and its automatically a cha ching for the dealers and manufacturer. :lol:
I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that our government is proposing to charge families $1,000 per child to evacuate 140 Australian children stuck in Wuhan to Christmas Island where they will be quarantined for two weeks. Not sure also what the islanders think about this along with the Biloela family who are incarcerated there either. Are other Nations charging their citizens?
I think it's for the airfares. And the US is doing it too, according to one of the people on the international forum, his grandmother got a place on a flight, on 4th Feb, with price 'to be advised'. Which is worse, don't know what it will cost before committing.
I don't get why you think the government should pay? and underwrite the risk for individual citizens ? If the virus gets out of control worldwide, where do you draw the line in the sand? Its about setting a precedent as well
I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that our government is proposing to charge families $1,000 per child to evacuate 140 Australian children stuck in Wuhan to Christmas Island where they will be quarantined for two weeks. Not sure also what the islanders think about this along with the Biloela family who are incarcerated there either. Are other Nations charging their citizens?
Reactions: EnolaGray
It's a nominal amount though. Would it even cover administrative costs. Perhaps it's just a way of sifting through who wants to go most, like those things often are.
21 - 40 of 20435 Posts