Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, apologies if i am in the wrong section as I dont know where this would go first.

I'm a member who is based in Milton Keynes.

Could anyone advise me rough costs of building an event venue from scratch? I'm proposing to build one specifically for banqueting, weddings and parties etc.

I am looking to build one in the Milton Keynes area and then Northampton.

I was hoping to find any other proffesional contacts on this forum to get a rough or estimated cost of undertaking such a project.

Thank you all in advance.

·
The Legend
13,364 Posts
Impossible to say.

1. It depends on the price of the land, the more central (which is where you would want a conference centre) the more expensive the land will be.

2. It depends on which architect you get to draw up your proposals.

3. It depends on how complicated it will be to build your chosen design.

4. The price of materials, steel etc goes up and down in price minute to minute.

5. The planning fee's, if your proposals is rejected then you can add on more fees for an appeal.

6. Lawyers fee's.

7. The contractors fee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impossible to say.

1. It depends on the price of the land, the more central (which is where you would want a conference centre) the more expensive the land will be.

2. It depends on which architect you get to draw up your proposals.

3. It depends on how complicated it will be to build your chosen design.

4. The price of materials, steel etc goes up and down in price minute to minute.

5. The planning fee's, if your proposals is rejected then you can add on more fees for an appeal.

6. Lawyers fee's.

7. The contractors fee.
Thanks for your reply big chris, its appreciated. I hope you dont mind me picking your brains further.

1. Can you tell me where to search for land? or do I just enquire with local councils?

2. How would I go about finding an architect? would I need to "shop around"

3. What are lawyers fees for?

Thanking you in advance.

·
The promised land
17,632 Posts
Thanks for your reply big chris, its appreciated. I hope you dont mind me picking your brains further.

1. Can you tell me where to search for land? or do I just enquire with local councils?

2. How would I go about finding an architect? would I need to "shop around"

3. What are lawyers fees for?

Thanking you in advance.
get a planning consultant, they can help you with 2 out of 3 of those things. inbox me, i can suggest a company

1 - 5 of 5 Posts