SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm somewhat new to this... I've actually checked out this site hundreds of times during the past year, however, never registered. Anyhow, I receive real estate updates from this realtor and I believe that this link she sent me might be the SMA project... Let me know :)

PS- I work in Brickell so its neat seeing everything going up and 'knowing' about it before ;)

http://www.floridarealestate.tv/sma.pdf

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
You got it....that is SMA

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Wow this is a big week. I love the look of those buildings. Such non-typical miami buidings. One of them has a sort of Chrysler Building look to it. Will fit in nicely with ParkPlace 1 & 2, Infinity 1 & 2, Axis...etc in the South Miami Ave area. Might be 800ft if you include the spires and roof structures, thats 800 feet "Atlanta style", the actual residences might end at around 500 feet.

·
Registered
606 Posts
what an entrance, IJT816! welcome to the forums.

these towers are definitely unlike anything miami has seen & that's a good thing. i mean, they've got *gasp* spires! looks like only the taller tower is around 800 ft. to the tip of the spire, but that's ok.

what a week we're having!

i think i can get these into my photoshop pic, too. i'll try today & post it later on.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
IJT816 welcome to the forum and thanks. These towers are incredible!...does anybody have a definte height on these?

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
It's hard to get perspective on height in these pics. For instance, in the third pic, the tallest of the two looks to be 800 ft. when compared to Infinity, but not ESP.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
the perspectives are off by a long shot
although the pdf said that it was about 50 stories
and the county pdf says its more like 70 stories

so these might be old renderings and the towers are actually taller now....

·
Registered
606 Posts
that's a good point, RX. these very well could be old renderings. i just checked the report & it says 64 stories, so maybe they'll be a little taller than this shows.

the perspective of these renderings are off either way, cause they're showing ininity as being about the same height as or just a little shoter than ESP when it should be a bit taller than it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
so the actual name is Capitol Towers. me thinks SMA just stands for south miami avenue. that explains why my google searches for SMA-brickell-condos & such turned nada.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
whoa what a week,thanks ijt

i must say they look pretty good except the garge looks disgusting,liike the spires

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
what other projects are we missing renderings for?

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
If these are SMA 1 & 2 both at 805', then someone was smoking on their crack pipe a little too much. In that one photo, their not even as tall as ESP, which is 485' or so. It just doesn't make sense to me. Also, one tower is shorter than the other.

The only thing that does make sense is if they altered the original design and now the proposal is for two shorter bldgs. of uneven height. BUT, i do agree that they have really nice designs.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
In that last photo with the silouette of Infinity to the right, yes, they do look at least that tall. I guess the computer guy couldn't put the superimposed pix of SMA and Infinity to scale with the rest of the photo-- especially when the Infinity model is shorter than Brickell View just to the right.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
yea but there one where you see wachovia ,and sma looks taller

1 - 20 of 26 Posts