Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this on the leeds development page and thought id see what you in manchester think so her it is .

1.london-by far.....
2.manchester
3.birmingham/leeds - these are slighty tied although birmingham is coming back
4.leeds/liverpool -also tied i need an exect development chart really
5.liverpool
6.glassgow
7.sheffield
8.newcastle
9.bristol
10.nottingham
11.bradford
please give your opinon on what the table should be and post it
thanks
:)

·
Less is more.
6,213 Posts
well that's what I thought, Liverpool defo before Brum. Maybe Brum is 4th and Glasgow 5th?

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Call me impertinent but this table is meaningless.
There is no analysis or context - its just a bunch of names. We have no idea what indexes were used or what criteria are needed.
Sorry but this table means nothing and if i could be bothered i could probably dig up several other tables that counter this one.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
leeds the best said:
i posted this on the leeds development page and thought id see what you in manchester think so her it is .

1.london-by far.....
2.manchester
3.birmingham/leeds - these are slighty tied although birmingham is coming back
4.leeds/liverpool -also tied i need an exect development chart really
5.liverpool
6.glassgow
7.sheffield
8.newcastle
9.bristol
10.nottingham
11.bradford
please give your opinon on what the table should be and post it
thanks
:)
What countries are these, they're all cities.

·
Less is more.
6,213 Posts
maybe he should have said "This country's development league table"

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think that Birmingham should be number 1. But, having said that, I don't know which critera this "development league" is judged on.

I'd also expect Glasgow to be in there, except it appears to have been replaced by "Glassgow".

·
Registered
745 Posts
hmm i think liverpool and manchester would be leading in the development stakes.. in liverpool nearly the entire of the city centre is undergoing massive renewal that will put it back where it belongs on the uk map. and in manchester which had an equally massive city centre renewal in the 90s is now at the same kind of advanced stage as london and is building massive commercial and residential developments that go far beyond those of any other european city of its size and is building up an international reputation along the way

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
At the moment Cardiff beats Newcastle easily. Newcastle has a couple of very big projects planned such as the brewery site as well as a few smaller ones but these are all just plans at the moment. Actual construction has been pretty stagnant over the last few years with only a few relatively small projects going on at once - a few housing schemes, a couple of refurbs and a couple of office developments, the biggest current one is Northumbria University have just started work on their new campus - that's quite a sizeable development.

Cardiff on the other hand has seen a very high level of construction activity constantly and increasingly over the last 10 years or so, it has included a number of very big housing schemes as well as some residential towers, most construction has been centred in the city centre, the Bay and along the river Taff. With construction just about starting on the new shopping centre - St David's 2 and on the sports village in the Bay, activity will only increase over the next few years.
Newcastle may be quiet at the moment but you can expect a boom in the next couple of years if current plans get the go ahead.

·
Registered
239 Posts
pauliewalnuts said:
I think that Birmingham should be number 1. But, having said that, I don't know which critera this "development league" is judged on.

I'd also expect Glasgow to be in there, except it appears to have been replaced by "Glassgow".
You disgusting racist.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I think this sort of thing is unproductive. The various UK cities should be getting their act together and co-operating rather than engaging in divide-and-rule rivalry.

UNITED WE STAND.

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
pauliewalnuts said:
And on what 'criteria' would you place Birmingham as being number 1?

·
Chief Bureaucrat
6,834 Posts
Farsight said:
I think this sort of thing is unproductive. The various UK cities should be getting their act together and co-operating rather than engaging in divide-and-rule rivalry.

UNITED WE STAND.
Ever heard of competition?

Let the development war... continue!!

·
Brummie on Tour
584 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Accura said:
And on what 'criteria' would you place Birmingham as being number 1?
On the critera that it is my favourite city.

My point was that the above pointless list does not give any indication of what the criteria are, so I'll make my own up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts