SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took these after the game yesturday, thought it would be nice since i wanst driving to see if i could get a shot fromt he 190.. and i did..

SCROLL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

REDUX at Night >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Nice to see a steel frame in front of City Hall instead of the rotting old warehouse that was there just a few years ago.

There are computer programs that do stitching, my Olympus came with some and it works really well - I've never needed to use the "manual" options.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ No this wasn't just the facade. I remember at some point along the ride SB on I-190 (somewhere in that area), you could see the skyline from about the same angle and there were a bunch of decrepit brown, maybe 3 story warehouses in front of City Hall. Maybe it wasn't immediately at the HealthNow site, but somewhere close.

Edit -
From Northeastroads.com (not my picture, taken 05/27/00):

So yes, it was Gasworks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im not sure of the height, but I seem to recall it being 10 floors, so, I think its going to block city hall from that view once it tops out. And the Gasworks facade is being salvaged and used in some way on that building. And those warehouses were still there as recently as 2 years ago.

·
registered boozer
1,090 Posts
been a long time since i've seen building cranes in downtown b-lo.
errr, umm, maybe its been never.
very refreshing, even if whats being built isnt 100% ideal, its still refreshing.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ Well, take WZ1's shot, and the one I found (which are almost identical), and compare the two and see which one looks better. Don't think that's a difficult choice lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts