Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
39,233 Posts
The kitchen shot is great. A good floorplan and tasteful. The other shot is soooo tacky! Screams of ******* chic. A window above a fireplace? Mullions gone crazy, and that curtain. Yuck.

·
39,233 Posts
Where are you seeing photos of the kitchen?
The first of the two links. The photo that appears toggles back and forth between two interior shots.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
^^Well it is close to Yorkville...;)

Condo names are becoming more and more entertaining.. hell, I live by "Beyond the Sea".. That one takes the award imo..

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
The kitchen shot is great. A good floorplan and tasteful. The other shot is soooo tacky! Screams of ******* chic. A window above a fireplace? Mullions gone crazy, and that curtain. Yuck.
Maybe I've just been looking at too many luxury condos, but that kitchen doesn't strike me as all that impressive. Are you sure its even for this place though? That site just seems to be about the developer, not the building.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
"Beyond the Sea" can never, never be surpassed! It is truly my ultimate favourite!! :lol:
My grandma who can barely speak English laughed when we drove by the sales office.. Well, my family will have a nice view of it when it goes up.. It'll block our view of the CN Tower's spire:(

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
Maybe I've just been looking at too many luxury condos, but that kitchen doesn't strike me as all that impressive. Are you sure its even for this place though? That site just seems to be about the developer, not the building.
You are right. Those are real pictures of another development, that they are just simply using for their site. The site is for the developer, not the project.

·
39,233 Posts
Never said it was an impressive kitchen....I said I like the floorplan and that it was tasteful. You seem to be right about those pics not being for the place advertised. That they chose a tacky living room photo doesn't leave me with much confidence about the overall project.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The first of the two links. The photo that appears toggles back and forth between two interior shots.
The Kitchen is from Explorer on the Etobicoke waterfront and the living room is from a single family home.

The tower will be approximately the same height and number of units as the X Condo project to the south. Sales will open late summer / early fall.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
The Kitchen is from Explorer on the Etobicoke waterfront and the living room is from a single family home.

The tower will be approximately the same height and number of units as the X Condo project to the south. Sales will open late summer / early fall.
Do you have a source for your information?

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is very exciting - finally there are two buildings going up (this one and the X Condo) that will effectively block my view of the ugly-as-sin Rogers building.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
This is very exciting - finally there are two buildings going up (this one and the X Condo) that will effectively block my view of the ugly-as-sin Rogers building.
LOL! Yeah, it was truly PoMo at its most extreme. And whoever ok'd the massive hideous red ROGERS sign should be flagellated.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
LOL! Yeah, it was truly PoMo at its most extreme. And whoever ok'd the massive hideous red ROGERS sign should be flagellated.
You know, the building itself isn't as bad as people think it is.. I'm actually quite fond of it, in its overly PoMoistical manner. It's just that Rogers sign as GOT TO GO! It absolutely ruins any flow the building has. Otherwise, it's quite a castle for Canada's largest telecommunications company. Hopefully, Rogers will soon need to expand into larger digs down in the financial district.. I can't see them operating such huge operations out of that building in the long term.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"I can't see them operating such huge operations out of that building in the long term."

the recently publicized plan was either a new skyscraper by Rogers Centre or Nortel's one million square foot Brampton Campus - guess which one won

1 - 20 of 213 Posts