SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 348 Posts

· stig1982
688 Posts
Yes, I noticed yesterday that more hoardings had gone up around the Jordan Well site, and there are also some diggers and other machinery sat there.

I have a friend in the construction industry who told me that a start day was imminent. Pretty soon the skyline will be filled with cranes along the eastern route in/out of the city. Severn Trent behind the courts, central campus building on Jordan Well and then down to the new car park at Gosford Street.

If they crack on with Far Gosford Street then there may be even more cranes on the skyline!

:)

· Concerto Grosso
8,590 Posts
Yes, I noticed yesterday that more hoardings had gone up around the Jordan Well site, and there are also some diggers and other machinery sat there.

I have a friend in the construction industry who told me that a start day was imminent. Pretty soon the skyline will be filled with cranes along the eastern route in/out of the city. Severn Trent behind the courts, central campus building on Jordan Well and then down to the new car park at Gosford Street.

If they crack on with Far Gosford Street then there may be even more cranes on the skyline!

:)
And let's hope Radisson Edwardian soon as well.:)

· Registered
4,238 Posts

· stig1982
688 Posts
There is also a decorating centre behind the tyre place as well. No one will miss that either.

With that plot of land plus the site of the Gulson clinic behind it should give the uni enough land for another large building.
If/when the Tyre Place does get demolished, I would personally like to see a series of smaller buildings constructed up to the road (rather than set back as the Tyre Place is now). In other words I'd like to see the street line restored to link Gosford Street and Far Gosford Street. Something around 3-4 storeys would work well. I hope they don't build another huge block like the library or the new university car park. There is room at the rear of the Tyre Place (moving towards Gulson Road) for more large scale buildings, but I think the Far Gosford Street frontage should be far more sympathetic in scale and in character. No metal or plastic clad buildings there thank you very much!

· stig1982
688 Posts
For a while now I have been wanting to have a tinker rond with a CAD programme that allows you to create mock up small scale masterplans or even artists impressions.

Does anyone know of a programme which is fairly user friendly and relatively inexpensive? I seem to remember that one of you guys did a CAD style plan for the New Union Street / Greyfriars Church area of Coventry, showing how you would open up the street towards Fords Hospital.

· Registered
101 Posts
If/when the Tyre Place does get demolished, I would personally like to see a series of smaller buildings constructed up to the road (rather than set back as the Tyre Place is now). In other words I'd like to see the street line restored to link Gosford Street and Far Gosford Street. Something around 3-4 storeys would work well. I hope they don't build another huge block like the library or the new university car park. There is room at the rear of the Tyre Place (moving towards Gulson Road) for more large scale buildings, but I think the Far Gosford Street frontage should be far more sympathetic in scale and in character. No metal or plastic clad buildings there thank you very much!
I hope they build a skyscraper. IMHO far gosford street still looks shit, even after the "masterplan" regeneration. I know it isnt finished but it will always look grotty down there!! I just hope they replace the tyre place with some that looks good! And not build from bloody red bricks.

41 - 60 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.