SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2793 Posts

·
Registered
21,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
6,342 Posts
^^ This is really concerning, especially the Land part. Lots of people live outside but work in the NCR. Doris Bigornia and Alvin El Chico are getting loads of texts about it and talking to some USEC of Consumer Protection because they cannot get DILG on the phone.

·
Registered
787 Posts
"Land, Domestic Air and Domestic Sea Travel to and from Metro Manila shall be suspended after the expiration of forty-eight hours from issuance of this resolution"

So Metro Manila will be closed off from Cavite, Laguna, Rizal and Bulacan and will be under lock down... *ehem*... Community Quarantine. No one comes in and no one can get out... did I understand this correctly?

·
W
1,655 Posts
I really cant understand the lockdown esp looking at the corporate perspective. So yung hindi taga manila will not be allowed to enter?

LRT2 and PNR travels outside of NCR. So they will cut short their trip? Well lrt is not yet operational.

Domestic flights to CRK will still be operational?
-----

And wheres the gandam face mask. They kept on saying that theres plenty of it. But theres no resupplying happening in all drug stores. Prices in the internet is skyrocketing. 200 pesos for a single mask. 700 pesos for mini alcohol. TF

·
Registered
208 Posts
^^ This is really concerning, especially the Land part. Lots of people live outside but work in the NCR. Doris Bigornia and Alvin El Chico are getting loads of texts about it and talking to some USEC of Consumer Protection because they cannot get DILG on the phone.
Same question I have. Paano if you live in Rizal and you work in QC or Ortigas, or taga-Cavite or Laguna ka and you work in Alabang? And we have some public transport operators na nag-operate from Metro Manila to nearby province and considered pa rin urban route - like yung Jasper and Erjohn buses, and yung mga jeepneys na dumadaan ng Shaw na pa-Rizal.

·
Registered
21,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ listening now to Sec. Año at DZMM (Alvin and Doris), MM population by day aka the workforce will be allowed to enter and exit MM.

·
6,342 Posts
This should clear up any questions regarding international travel...

Duterte expands ban on travelers from countries with local COVID-19 transmissions

President Duterte announced that the Philippines will not be accepting travelers coming from countries with confirmed localized transmission of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as he imposed a month-long community quarantine on Metro Manila.

In his address to the public regarding the COVID-19 outbreak Thursday night, Duterte said only Filipino citizens from those countries will be allowed to enter.

“Entry travel restrictions shall be imposed upon those traveling from countries with localized COVID-19 transmissions, except for Filipino citizens including their foreign spouse and children, if any, holders of permanent resident visa, and holders of 9(e) diplomat visas issued by the Philippine government,” he said.

Meanwhile, he announced the lifting of the travel ban on overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to mainland China except for Hubei Province which is said to be the origin of the deadly disease. Their travel will only be allowed upon the execution of a declaration signifying their knowledge and understanding of the risks involved.

A health advisory pamphlet will likewise be handed out to the OFWs upon their departure.

In a statement, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the government is doing its best to stop the spread of the disease.

“To be clear, and to allay the fears and apprehension of the public, the government is essentially calling for a stricter implementation of preventive measures in order to slow down and put a halt to the further spread of COVID-19,” he said.

“While the Duterte Administration remains resolute in combating this disease, the Palace asks affected entities and individuals for their cooperation in properly observing the foregoing adopted measures,” he added.

·
15,517 Posts

·
15,517 Posts
If I'm going to decide, I would extend the quarantine to parts of Rizal, Cavite, Laguna and Bulacan.

An example, The Sta. Lucia / Robinson's Metro East area which borders, Marikina, Pasig, Cainta and Antipolo.

·
10,025 Posts
Kawawa naman yung mga taga Greenwoods Subdivision - yung gate kasi nila nasa Pasig City while most houses are in Cainta.

·
6,342 Posts
^^ I don't think it would be that draconian. Secretary Ano already said those people who live outside but work inside Metro Manila can still go. So I don't really know how they can keep people in and out. Check points? Inspection of IDs? Maybe they need to carry some kind of document from the employer proving they work in the metropolis? What about domestic help and other informal workers?

I guess we'll know more tomorrow...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just finished reading a few case studies of patients who have already recovered in other countries

Turns out that even if you do recover after being infected, there is a significant chance that you will retain some "permanent damage" on your lungs, due to fibrosis (scarring of the lung tissue).

That turned on my personal panic button so I put our household on partial lockdown na din

Keep safe everyone, as much as possible don't get infected

·
fug :DDD
872 Posts
Take care everyone. Stay safe. Thankfully Philippines is one of the countries where much of the population took some kinds of precautionary measures, like wearing face masks. This is probably why it is not as widespread, even though there are dozens of untested people who are infectious.
Things are not looking good in my country. 3rd highest cases/1M people, and one death already. Nobody are wearing face masks here...

These people are legit retarded

·
Welcome to the Planet
2,496 Posts
as usual the martial law crybabies are back. they can't even answer why it was retained by their icon of democracy herself, they still live in the ML = evil narrative. :|

·
6,342 Posts
If I'm going to decide, I would extend the quarantine to parts of Rizal, Cavite, Laguna and Bulacan.

An example, The Sta. Lucia / Robinson's Metro East area which borders, Marikina, Pasig, Cainta and Antipolo.
Cainta is covering itself...

Mayor to place Cainta under quarantine starting Sunday

MANILA--Mayor Kit Nieto on Thursday said Cainta town in Rizal will be under quarantine beginning Sunday, as a response to the growing threat of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

The announcement, made on Facebook, came after President Rodrigo Duterte advised authorities to isolate villages if at least 2 confirmed novel coronavirus cases are recorded in their areas.

"Pursuant to the President’s pronouncements, documented in an inter-agency resolution involving Covid19, and further considering the presence of three confirmed cases of subject virus situated in Barangays San Isidro and San Andres, I am constrained to place the entire town of Cainta under quarantine," Nieto said.

"The implementation, however, shall coincide with the effectivity of Resolution No. 11 series of 2020 issued by the inter-agency task force for the management of emerging infectious diseases."

1 - 20 of 2793 Posts