Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 5 6.4%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Covington, Kentucky, USA, located across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. City population is about 400,000.

·
...wolf in cheap clothing
734 Posts
Kind of poor for such a large place, although I know that Covington is Cincinnati's premier suburb. Also, I know that Covington, despite a lack of suburbs, features a large and incredible selection of perfectly-preserved Victorian architecture. That gives it high marks in my book. I think I'll go with a 7. I usually give a 7 to skylines and cities that please me but don't thrill me.

·
Central Illinoisan
170 Posts
Covington's skyline may not be much, but the city population is actually only about 50,000. Still, the city has absolutely wonderful architecture and a great waterfront; I have driven the streets of this city many times and the urban feel is very strong for a city its size.

·
Registered
215 Posts
In all honestly, Covington doesn't have much of a skyline at the moment but that will probably be changing very soon. A new Daniel Lebiskind tower called 'The Ascent' was just approved for downtown. Needless to say, public opinion has been mixed as to the aesthetics of this building...

A second tower has been proposed that will become the city's tallest if completed. Developers have yet to release renderings of that project.

This skyline has the potential to change a lot in the coming years.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
6/10 Ten years ago I would have given it a 3, so it has definitely improved a lot. This "city" is really a suburb of Cincinnati that lies in Kentucky. It has some very nice areas and some very old and worn out areas. It's nice to see that the riverfront is getting more development.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts