Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This swipe at the congestion charge / immigration sounds straight out of the mouth of a Daily Mail reader to me. Instead it is from Crain's Manchester Business.

It takes real journalistic skill to find a 'link' between two such unrelated topics :nuts:

Also at the MIER launch, the prize for the most specious comment goes to Salford MP Hazel Blears. Asked what the congestion charge would do for economic growth, the Communities Secretary opined that people living in pockets of deprivation needed better public transport to help them get to where new jobs were being created. Hang on, haven't most of the new jobs created over the last few years gone to people who had a rather longer and more problematic bus journey from pockets of deprivation in places like Gdansk, Poznan and Wroclaw?

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
I would actually counter that and say that Crains are implying that Poles dont seem to have much problem finding access to work when they have to haul their arses from the wrong end of Europe where as some lazy arse **** in Wythenshawe cant be bothered to get on a bus for half an hour to get to work.
I actually think the article, far from being racist, implies that the Poles are welcome here because of their willingness to work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would actually counter that and say that Crains are implying that Poles dont seem to have much problem finding access to work when they have to haul their arses from the wrong end of Europe where as some lazy arse **** in Wythenshawe cant be bothered to get on a bus for half an hour to get to work.
I actually think the article, far from being racist, implies that the Poles are welcome here because of their willingness to work.
Fair analysis there - You're interpretation has swung me 360!

edit: or should that be "swung me 180"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts